Wednesday, 27 August 2008

busy old me

Well I have been rather busy over the past few days.

Sunday, Pete and I went to choose our weddings rings, abit early I know but we had a money off voucher from when Pete bought the engagement ring, so we wanted to use it before it ran out. Got to save the pennies! We then went to a bbq in the evening at my parents friends. I was planning to drive home but ended up drinking quite abit and leaving the car there and collecting it the next day. I dont know how these things happen....! I ended up wearing a padded sumo outfit and fighting with my brother (also in a sumo outfit) on a mat outside in the garden (the hostess of this party likes to set up unusual things at her parties), he kicked my arse, he knocked me over and I couldnt get up because the outfit was so heavy plus I was laughing so much I was coughing my guts up. I actually nearly passed out from been so out of breath but it was so funny I didnt care. He rolled me off the mat and then the second time he grabbed my foot and pulled me off, the third time I think he didnt even bother knocking me over, I think I just fell over by myself! Then Pete and I ended up dancing for ages in the front room, at the time I thought I was dancing really good but I think the alcohol may have made me believe this.....

Monday, Pete, my mum and I went to to look at a wedding venue. Didnt like it, it was like some dingy back room with a low ceiling and cheap knives and forks. When something ends in 'hall' I envisage a large room with a high ceiling and big windows, not a room in what only I can describe as something like a basement. We went to look at this other place which was gorgeous but the room I liked only has a minimum of 120 guests, well I dont know that many people.... so dont think we will be having it there.

This wedding venue thing is stressing me out already, im sick of trying to find places and organising to look around them. We looked at this other place last night that was really nice but it has no hotels nearby and all Petes family will be coming from quite far away so will probably want to stay over. There is always something wrong!

My cough is also starting to stress me out and give me headaches, if I dont move its ok but once I start moving etc I can feel it brewing up. Stupid thing, why cant it leave me alone?!

Pete managed to break 2 lawnmowers on monday, firstly ours then my dads that he borrowed but my dad thinks he can fix his (hopefully!). Luckily the neighbour lent us hers, I have gone and bought a new one today, I got a free hedge trimmer with it. Great! My car has gone in for a service today and so I have a courtesy car and its a new bmw, they called to say they need to keep my car until tomorrow. Oh thats a real shame... It was quite handy as the lawn mower would not have fitted in my car very well. You should have seen me carrying it into the flat (the lawn mower not the car), jeez that thing was heavy.

No comments: