Monday, 7 February 2011

Birthday

Gosh, I don't know where the time has gone!

It was my birthday on Wednesday and it involved quite alot of eating! I went over to Hull with my Mum to see my youngest brother as he is at University there. We had a nosey around his accommodation and then went out for lunch. Then in the evening Pete took me out for Chinese and I ate loads! I think the lunch must have expanded my stomach in preparation.

I got a new charm for my Pandora bracelet, its my birthday stone which is purple and also my favourite colour, coincidence or not?! I also got some pj's, slippers, blu ray dvds, little purple clutch bag and then Pete is taking me to Hever Castle in April as my present, can't wait! I also got some money which is just going into our surrogacy savings.

On Thursday I went to Scope to end my latest partnership and look at starting a new one and then I had my knitting lesson in the evening. I can now pearl stitch although not very good, I keep making it too tight for some reason so got to work on making the loops looser. I'm really enjoying the lessons, it's nice to have a good chat with the lovely lady who teaches me as well as learn something new!

On Friday Pete and I went to Manchester to see a solicitor about surrogacy and then for some strange reason I went to bed at 9.30pm as I suddenly felt incredibly tired and literally as soon as my head hit the pillow I was asleep! No idea what that was about as I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. Sometimes I have lots of energy and feel great and wonder what it must be like to have this much energy all the time, I think I'd be running around like a loony! No wonder other people can do so much in a day!

On Saturday we went out with some of my family to this pub that was having a band night and raising money for CF. There wasn't much awareness raising, just a few posters and money collection tins, we entered a raffle but moved on to another pub before announced the winner! Damn it!
My skin is so bad now though, I have all red bits around my eyes and on my forehead, must have drunk too much and now I'm old it affects me more! My skin has been really dry around my eyes though since I was on IV's, I'm using aqueous cream but it doesn't seem to be doing much! So now I have dry and red skin, argh! I'm also sick of been blocked up, movicols don't seem to be doing much, think I'm going to have to up my dose to two a day instead of one a day.


Here are some pictures from Saturday night


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Gemma glad your day went well