Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Wee Fatty Bum Bum

I had outpatients on Friday, I had a feeling I might need IVs as was feeling very tired and coughing alot even though I didn't feel like I needed them if you know what I mean! However my lung function is up to 43% and my weight is 57.1kg! I had my port flushed and the nurse missed first time and got the needle in the second time. Yes it hurts when she misses, she is basically sticking a large thick needle, nothing like a vaccine needle, into my muscle, I've now got a little bruise! The doctor asked her to take some blood just to take my tobramycin levels as I keep feeling dizzy and she was worried I had too much tobramycin in my blood as I'm on tobi nebulisers all the time rather than one month on and one month off. To be honest I just think its because I'm tired from the holiday, I haven't heard anything from them so I guess they were OK!

I'm surprisingly bothered about my weight, I felt I'd put weight on but thought it might be just in my head. But it seems I've put on 2kg on and it appears all on my belly so I'm going to try up my exercise and cut back on snacks slightly just until I feel better about myself. I need to pick up on my exercise anyway, I've slacked off and even Alfie has put some weight on so we need to go walking more often! I'm not obsessed or going to starve myself (I've had two takeaways since Friday!) or anything, I just don't like having a belly that is flabby and sticks out! I know people will think I'm pathetic thinking this but its the most I've weighed in about 3-4 years, I just need to tone up abit I guess, I'll probably be back to 55kg by my next appointment and I I'll eat what i normally eat, my body is just like that.

Something creepy happened the other day, I had finished my nebuliser and was going to wash it and there was a bug in it! Right by the bit where the mist squirts out into my mouth! It was a little black bug with orange spots and a wiggly tail. I was so freaked out, I have no idea how it did not get squirted into my mouth! Now I keep checking every time I do my nebulisers, ew!

2 comments:

Josie said...

Hi Gemma,

Josie from the CF Forum here, your blog struck a cord with me.
Only last week I goggled “how to get a flat stomach” and hey presto this is what I found and have been doing these exercises.

http://www.wikihow.com/video/wht/210346/how-to-sculpt-your-abs-with-a-five-minute-workout

Since my transplant op I have been putting on weight, and it is all going to my stomach, which sticks out like “pot bellies”.

I would highly advise not to try and lose weight/stop eating or reduce your eating, but like you say getting toned really does help and will define your shape.

Bearing in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, so as you get toned you may find that your weight goes up by another 1kg and hopefully we will both be able to get rid of the stickyout bellies!!!
Wishing you well.
Josie x

Jess said...

Ewww about the bug! One time I found a bug in the tubing part and flipped out! It was just the tube, but still! I wish I weighed that much, I think I'd have more energy