Anyway, yes I have been naughty and now my chest is feeling crappy. It could be coincidence, but it's more likely it's due to lack of pulmozyme. My sputum is thicker, darker, more difficult to shift, it sticks at the back of my throat and makes me feel sick and it sounds more meaty when I cough. I felt so tried yesterday, all day, everything I picked up felt so heavy, I feel asleep at about 9.20pm and slept like a rock last night until 10am this morning. Well apart from when I woke at midnight due to some women shouting in the street (I wear earplugs so she must have being very loud!) and a guy telling her to 'go the f**k to sleep', I live on such a lovely street!
Hopefully now I'm fully stocked on pulmozyme I'll start to feel better again. A few other issues I have been having are A) I am weeing for Britain, I can't stop! I go upto 8 times during the night! and twice during a physio session. Worried I have a weak bladder and now idea how to sort it out. B) My bones keep aching on a night, particularly my bones around where I sit and the tops of my legs. I feel like an old woman! It hurt so much the other week I was crying in pain as it hurt to walk, or to sit and when I coughed it was horrible. I ended up lying on my back with my legs up in the air to take the pressure off my sitting bones. Some pain killers seemed to help it and I had to lie on my front in bed which isn't great as I can't breathe very well when on my front! I have outpatients next week so will mention both things and see what the Doctor has to say.
I was given some interesting advice last Friday in my yoga session.... I was coughing alot during the class and afterwards the yoga teacher came over to me and told me one of the men in the class was a Doctor and suggested my cough could be caused by acid reflux (which is basically like indigestion) and to try take some gavisgon. She said she told him about me, not sure what that means, she knows I have CF but that doesn't mean she knows anything about it! But he insisted she tell me. I politely informed her I was coughing because of the mucus on my chest and I am on tablets slightly stronger than gavisgon for my reflux and there is nothing I can do about the coughing. All I want to do is go to yoga, get some exercise and mind my own business!
Pete did a 10k run on Sunday, the Jane Tomlison Run for All as part of his training for the Great North Run. Thanks to all of you that have already sponsored him but for those of you who haven't please do! Pete is working so hard to prepare himself and remember it all goes to the CF Trust who have recently had to announce they are having to put research on hold due to lack of funding http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13643267 . Please click here to donate.
It's Alfies birthday today, he is 4 years old! He is heading to middle age now bless him, maybe he'll buy a sports car or something! Here he is the first day we got him
Here he is now, what a handsome boy he turned in to!
2 comments:
Gem I had exactly the same problem as you last week with my Dnase it takes a least a week to get from the suppliers so have to be well organised to put it in, and often have to wait days without it!!
My bones also hurt loads I find a hot bath helps and Olbas oil on the part where its aching does the trick.
I also have prob with bladder but have never told any1 or done anything about it, too embarressed :-)
Hey Gemma, I don't want to worry you but peeing a lot is a sign of your sugars being too high. You should def mention to your doctor and maybe get a glucose tolerance test. Happy birthday to your furry friend!
Post a Comment