Monday, 12 September 2011

2 Years Later

Well I had a great weekend last weekend and I swear I should get a medal for how compliant I was with my treatment and it wasn't easy I tell you! On Friday we went to a wedding and had a great time and then on Saturday we had a surprise birthday party for my Nana as it was her 80th Birthday. She was so surprised especially since her two sisters had managed to make it over, she cried and everything so I think the surprise went quite well! I spent Saturday night and Sunday very tired and asked my brother to hint to my mum we would like to go around for tea, his hint went something like this 'Gemma and Pete want to come around for tea', it worked anyway!

Here are some pictures from the wedding


Some pictures from my Nana's party




My constipation has been getting worse and worse, I was up to 4 movicols a day and nothing was happening so on Friday I gave the hospital a call. I had to go in so they could have a feel of my belly and this confirmed I was 'full up'. Because I wasn't sick or getting extreme pain they didn't prescribe me the really strong stuff, they prescribed me Bisacodyl, 2 to be taken at night to clear me out. I have to cut it down to 1 a night after 5 days and then move over to senna after another 5 days. I've come off the movicol for now as its clearly not working. I used to take senna before movicol and came off it for some reason, no doubt I will find out in a few weeks time. The next day I went to the toilet alot, but since then not much else has happened apart from last night when I woke up in extreme pain, like my stomach was in knots, it hurt so much I was crying. I'm still extremely constipated, my stomach looks so fat and horrible, it doesn't help that when I was weighed on Friday I weighed 58.2kg, its the most I've weighed in about 5 years! So I'm really fed up at the moment and just want it to get sorted out.

On Saturday Pete had a 'little' accident when clearing out the loft in preparation for the loft insulation next week. I'm not happy sleeping in the room as its quite dusty and stuff keeps falling out so we are sleeping in the spare room in a 3/4 bed, its cosy! Pete tried to call someone today to come out a take a look but he hasn't got back to him, so not sure what we are doing next.



On Sunday it was our 2nd Wedding Anniversary, can't believe it! We went to Wentbridge House (where we had our wedding reception), I think we both looked alot more glamorous two years ago! I must have been doing this blog a long time as when I first started I wasn't even engaged!


3 comments:

Jess said...

2 years, congrats! It doesnt seem so long ago. I love your hair and outfit. Also, I hope Storm of Swords is enjoyable, thats the next one in the series for me

Gemma's mum said...

Hectic time!! U still look glamorous as always and look extremely happy except for the constipation of course. Your both welcome anytime for Sunday dinner assuming we are around xxx

Woody said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope the new meds sort out your stomach problems.

I would personally be tempted to stay on a small dose of Movicol as well but see how it goes with the new meds.

I'll keep an eye out for Pete at the great North run x