Thursday, 1 September 2011

Forward Planning

The last few days I have being wheezy at times throughout the day, there doesn't seem to be any kind of pattern. Then this morning as soon as I woke up I started having a coughing fit and coughed up a big, hard black piece of what I can only assume is fungus. I really hope the fungus' on my chest aren't starting to play up again, I have taken voriconazole for 2 years now and have increased the gaps between treatment. Last time I managed 12 weeks and was hoping that I could now come off it completely. The side effects of the voriconazole seem to be worsening for me, when I'm on it I get headaches all the time, light hurts my eyes and I seem to need to wear sunglasses all the time when outside and some of my hair seems to fall out, therefore my hair is thinner. I can carry off the sunglasses because I'm so cool, but I don't like the thin hair and I especially don't like headaches, sitting with my head under a blanket to make it dark is not my idea of a fun day.

I seem to busy lately but I couldn't tell you what doing. I am doing lots of reading as I'm obsessed with the Song of Ice and Fire books, I'm on book 3 now and if I don't get my fix of Starks, Lannisters and Tygarians every day I am very upset! I am also trying to walk Alfie everyday although this doesn't seem to be happening! Yesterday my car had to go in for a service, as you can see its boring stuff so I won't bore you anymore!

On Saturday I had to pass on a night out, as this weekend coming up is a busy one and I didn't want to be feeling ill. I find every time I go on a night out in to town it takes me forever to recover and often I end up on IVs because I catch a virus! It tires me out so much, the talking loud, the walking around, dancing, the alcohol, going to bed late. I do enjoy going on nights out but I decided to be sensible since I have lots on this weekend and I also went to a house party last Sunday. There was no way I could go out Saturday night and then go to a house party on the Sunday! So instead I met my friends before they went in to town, then when they got their taxi at 10pm I went home like the boring person that I am! They kept asking me though, 'why aren't you coming' 'just don't drink', I don't think they understand that I have to keep a balance to try stay well, people just don't understand what it's like. I always say the worse thing about CF is the lack of energy and tiredness, I just simply can not do everything that other people can do. My energy levels are lower and tasks use more of my energy, then on top of this I have treatments to do everyday that use lots of energy. Imagine breathing through one nostril all the time, how much more work walking up those stairs would be or even just coughing which I do more of than the average person! I'm glad I was sensible though as now I can enjoy this weekend coming up.

No comments: