Sunday, 21 August 2011

Sophie gets some new and improved lungs!



Sophie received her double lung transplant yesterday! She has being living in hospital for weeks and weeks as she was too ill to come home, I'm so happy she has got her call and got those new lungs. She wasn't waiting too long either which is also great! I hope everyone who needs a transplant doesn't have to wait years to get that chance at a better life, all it needs is more people to sign up to be organ donors. I'm thinking of her lots today with a big smile on my face, however there is also that worry as the new few days will be really important, I know she is strong enough to get through them though!

2 comments:

Ruth Jay said...

glad to hear Sophie got her transplant! I don't know her but have read her blog a few times. Hope things go as smooth as they can from here and she gets to enjoy the new breathers :) x

Gemma's mum said...

Fantastic news, fingers crossed everything goes well x