I'm sorry I haven't blogged much, i'm feeling really rough at the moment. I woke up with a cold last Tuesday and started Amoxicillin straight away to try stop it going any further however I don't think it has worked. Sunday was the worst day, I haven't felt so ill for a long time.
I'm at outpatients tomorrow so will find out if my chest has worsened but I'm almost sure it has, I am getting breathless lying down, talking and just walking around the house. I am coughing thick green sputum up all the time and taking a sputum pot with me everywhere, my chest aches and I've taken to not wearing a bra when possible as it feels too tight and restricts me. I am sleeping better than I was which is a positive, I'm not waking in pools of sweat but freezing anymore and I'm coughing less during the night. I'm just so pissed off (excuse my language!) I don't need this now, its December and I have lots coming up which I have been looking forward to. My appetite is poor although slightly improved today (I actually had some breakfast and attempting some lunch) and my skandishakes are a year out of date, they do not taste good!
I am so bored of just lying around and not doing much in order to try rest! I really do hate this time of the month!
There was an excellent programme on Monday called 'Love on the Transplant List' it is about a CF friend of mine called Kirstie and her journey to receive a transplant with her husband Stuart. It was really well put together and I think it reflects brilliantly how difficult every day tasks can be and how difficult it is to watch your other half dying in front of you. It makes me realise how amazing Pete is to know this could happen to me and not be fazed by it. Obviously my CF is not at this stage and hopefully will not be for a long, long time but it raises awareness of CF and makes people realise how important becoming an organ donor is. Please take the time to watch it on BBC IPlayer if you have not seen it. Kirstie and Stuart were great to let this difficult time be filmed and shared, I think they did a fantastic job! Below is a trailer and the link to watch the whole programme
Link for BBC IPlayer - click here
Thursday, 1 December 2011
Love on the Transplant List
Labels:
appetite,
colds,
coughing,
lung transplant,
oral antibiotics,
sweating
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope you feel better soon, cf has a nasty habit of picking the most awkward time to throw a strop.
LH
x
Hope you feel better soon! This weather is so annoying.
That programme was so amazing, it was all over facebook happy lots of people watched it x
Post a Comment