Monday, 2 April 2012

Aftermath of a Busy Weekend

Last week I thought I was starting with a cold/virusy thing, it didn't help that I drank out of my friends cup by mistake who had a cold, talk about being stupid! I went a little crazy with the vicks first defence but if it works who cares?! I keep getting headaches, its basically when I do anything that makes me cough, get breathless or tired, so walking Alfie, coughing in general, doing my physio (every single time!), getting a shower, doing anything! I've had a headache for 80% of the time the last week or so. The back of my neck is sore a lot as well, I think this may be linked to the headaches but not sure. My chest is feeling tighter, my sputum is thicker and more often and I'm tiring a lot more easily than usual. It might just be general CF crappiness, I'm bored of trying to figure out how to stop feeling ill, as whatever I do it still happens and whatever the cause I don't feel great.

This weekend we went to a surrogacy conference in Stafford, we stayed over the Friday and Saturday night. I feel shattered! Pete had to do my physio for me yesterday and he has been washing all my nebs, he also cooked tea and I had to follow him when driving (we had to go in two cars) as I was too tired to even think where to go. After living together for so many years Pete seems to have some kind of sensor as to when I need more help and he just does it without moaning, he really is wonderful. I guess our relationship wouldn't work if I had to ask him all the time and he made a fuss about it like some men would, I think I got very lucky to end up with him as a husband.

I'm upset as I was feeling so well and now I'm sat in my tracksuit bottoms (they are like my comfort blanket!) and can't even be bothered to make any lunch as I'm not hungry so it's not worth the effort, I'm just having an ensure plus instead. I'm hoping if I rest today I will feel better tomorrow. I wish this headache would go, they are so debilitating. Only five weeks since I had IVs so I'm hoping some rest will sort me out.

We had a great weekend though and I'll talk about it more on my other blog when I get around to doing it. This is what so annoying about CF though, to those people who met me at the weekend I probably seemed perfectly fine which is good in a way, however then people like myself are judged and assumed to be able to do everything others can do and people make assumptions about whether we can work (seems to be the newspapers hot topic at the minute), are we even disabled? They don't see the aftermath, struggles and in-between the lines. Sometimes I like this about my disability as I can try pass as a perfectly healthy person (with a bad cough!) and not be treated differently, but other times I don't like it as I feel people judge me on what they only see and they don't understand my disability and how difficult it is to live with.

2 comments:

Josie said...

Sorry you're feeling rubbish again! I've been ill too, think hayfever's to blame! I totally get what you're saying, that's the trouble with having a hidden disability. In one way you're glad you're not seen as ill, but it can make it hard for people to understand what you truly go through. Hope you feel a bit better soon xxx

Rick said...

Hay, I've been reading your blog but they have changed something so I can't comment on my iPhone, which is where I usually read. When I visit your blog it says a visitor from stoke on trent, not sure where it's getting that from I live near manchester.. anyway boring trivia, just wanted you to know I keep up..