Thursday, 17 May 2012

100 Followers!

My blog has hit a milestone, it has 100 followers! Thanks to everyone that reads it and I hope you find it interesting/useful/insightful. It means a lot that people follow me and my life and I hope I contribute something useful to the blogging world! Blogger has changed recently and has lots of new information, my blog 'the lonley disease' has been viewed 696 times, unbelievable! The record is the blog about my honeymoon though, that has had 948 views!

We went to the Lakes over the bank holiday weekend with some friends and I had such a good time but was absolutely shattered for over a week afterwards. We went on the Saturday and had a short walk around Coniston and then on the Sunday some more friends came up and we went for a longer walk from our book 'walks on the level' good old Norman and his walks for the crazy people who can't walk but still like to give it a try! I never realised I walk so slow compared to other people, seriously how do people walk that fast?! Alfie and I kept dropping behind, Alfie was praised for completing the walk, er hello what about me...?! Haha!

On the Sunday night we played a game that is charades and pictionary in one, it was so funny, our team won of course. We then played cards and I won again of course! By Monday I was so tired but we went on a boat on the lake, it was quite cold and wore about five layers of clothing to keep warm!

When Pete was packing the car to go home he managed to lock the car keys in the boot so we had to phone the RAC to come out and rescue us. We were lucky the guy managed to find us as the house is in the middle of nowhere and even when he arrived he said he might not be able to get in to the car! He made a gap in the back door and put a wire through the gap and wound the window down with the wire (luckily the back windows are not electric) and hurray he opened the door and we got our keys back! This meant we didn't get to set off home until about 9pm and I had to do my evening physio in the car in front of my friend and her boyfriend, not the highlight of the weekend. I apologised that I had only met my friends boyfriend once before and was now going to have to cough my guts up in front of him! It was rather embarrassing.

I struggled all weekend to do all my treatments to be honest, its so hard to fit it all in especially when you are tired and want to take that time to have a rest like everyone else! I also hate having to make everyone arrange things around my treatment like getting back by a certain time or having tea at a certain time so I can fit it all in. I also hate sitting in the bedroom doing my treatment and hearing everyone else in the main room having fun and chatting, it makes me so angry that I have to miss out and we are not talking 10 minutes here, we are talking an hour or more. I hate having to make everyone do the easy walk so I can do it or that I didn't do much cleaning or cooking to reserve my energy, I just feel like I'm a burden sometimes and expect everything to be about me, but in reality I'm doing all this so that I can join in. I don't know if I'd be able to go on trips anymore without Pete as he tends to watch out for me and knows what I can and can't do and picks up the slack for me, I don't think my friends would do stuff for me like he does. It makes me sad that I'm not as independent anymore.

Here are some pictures from the trip








2 comments:

Woody said...

Check you out with your 100 followers! I think I have about 1 ;-)

Looks like you had a great weekend, sorry it took so much out of you. Must have been the weekend I was in Keswick, was funny the way it was sunny one minute and cold and windy the next x

James said...

Remember the car key incident well!!