Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Organ Donation Awareness

I just wanted to blog about an event that is happening that some people might be interested in and is being organised by some of my friends!
Three lovely ladies have organised a ball to raise awareness of organ donation, they are only here today because they all have received a double lung transplant!

Here is the flyer for the event and a link to the facebook group, sadly I can't go as I could give them an infection and the same rule applies to anyone else with CF pre transplant, however anyone else is welcome to go, so if you fancy a trip to Glasgow then get your places booked!



For the facebook group click here

One of the three lovely ladies is Victoria who received her transplant quite recently. She has also been on TV lately with her boyfriend Gregg, to raise awareness of organ donation and CF of course. Here is the link to see them, skip to part 3! They were both great!! Remember they didn't know the questions in advance and were nervous!

3 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

Regretfully I cannot go in your place but hope it's a huge success xx

Tori said...

Thank you my lovely!! xx

Jac said...

yay, thank you Gemma! wish you could come though :-( xx