Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Wedding Anniversary!

I've added an extra icon on the side of my blog to show what I am reading at the moment. I have copied this off another blog and thought it was a good idea as if you are like me, you enjoy reading but never know what to read! My local library is not the type you browse through, you have to tell them what you would like to borrow and they will order it in for you. This means you have to know what you want to read, therefore I like to know what others are reading to give me ideas! The book I am reading at the moment is mine, not from the library and I've already read it once but I absolutely love it so reading it again! I just finished 'If You Could See Me Now' by Cecilia Ahern (author of PS I Love You).

Big news, I have changed my hair colour! My hair is now a strawberry blonde colour, which is not ginger as people keep saying it must be. My aim was for a very light brown with a pinky colour to it, it's stayed blonder than I hoped, but that is because of the bleach still in my hair, it just needs to grow out, you can see the proper colour on my roots where there is no bleach! I tried to take some pictures but they don't really do the colour justice
Since I finished my IVs last week I have been feeling tired very easily, in fact I am feeling quite annoyed about it. I already seem more chesty and am getting breathless easily. I went to yoga on Monday and I got so breathe less I thought I was going to have to sit out for awhile, we were doing all these stretches stood up, called warrior one, crescent moon etc

I always find them harder as it is, but all I could do was think about trying to breathe and then the yoga teacher was moving my arms and hips to get me to do the positions correctly and I just wanted to scream at her 'I can't breathe never mind do the bloody stretches correctly!'. I pushed myself to keep going though as I don't want to be the odd one out, I hate appearing weak! So even though I felt like my face was going to explode because it was red from lack of oxygen or something and I was breaking into a sweat, I kept going and managed to not collapse in a heap. After relaxation I swear I had to shout at myself in my head to actually get up and drive home, then the rest of the night I just laid around as I had no energy.

So no I am not happy with my stupid CF this week, especially since we are going to the Lake District for our wedding anniversary and were planning to go on some walks.

Yes that's right, on Saturday Pete and I will have being husband and wife for a year! I can't believe it, it's gone so fast. I feel so lucky for having bagged myself such a great husband and I can safely say that marriage has not somehow made our relationship deteriorate, as all these TV programmes would make you think. According to them we should be getting divorced by now right...?! I love Pete so much and I can't wait to spend the next year with him, and the year after that and forever!

Here is a little video I have made for us

12 comments:

Rick said...

Must be a good book if you're read it twice, the only book I ever read twice was Frank Skinners autobiography.. that's a bit sad init. Well I only read the gags again. I bet things like yoga are a lot more beneficial to you that you realise. All that stretching and bending and stuff doesn't seem hard but I bet it is.Rick

Unknown said...

I like your idea about the book button.

nan said...

love the new hair colour gemma. you look very glamorous.nan

Gemma said...

Love the hair colour! What's your secret to taming your curly locks and making them look so beautiful btw? My daughter looks like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards half the time, help!

Happy anniversary!

x

Jess said...

Happy Anniversary, almost! I remember the pictures, those flowers were so gorgeous!

I use goodreads.com to keep track of what I read, and what I want to read, its nifty

Me said...

Hi Gemma
Well you need to use a good conditioner and shampoo, its just a case of trying different ones. At the moment i'm using Tigi which you can only get from hairdressing wholesalers or hairdressers probably sell it. Tresemme is ok though.
Then you need to get a good mousse but don't use too much! Then you need to use a diffuser! Even with all this my hair looks like a frizzy bush somedays! xx

Gemma's mum said...

have a great wkend, and dont catch the sun Gemma!!!

Gemma said...

Thanks for that, I can certainly adapt some of those tips to child friendly products!

She likes the hairdryer but it causes a delightful wind swept look crossed with a 'i've just put my finger in an electrical socket' look :)I never even thought of using a diffuser!!

Thank you! and again happy anniversary :)

xxx

Ruth Jay said...

happy anniversary!

love the little video, lots of nice pics of you 2, James and I have hardly any pics of us, even after 7
years lol.

the hair colour is nice too :) xx

Tori said...

Nice hair!!!

Love the slideshow!! Aww I want a wedding man, just for the day and to wear the dress!! Greggs too young though :( Damn me for finding such a young man and not someone my own age!! :)

Woody said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hope the weather is good for you two in the lakes :-)

Kate Foster said...

Great film Gemma, you and Pete look so young in some of those pictures! Have a great anniversary, see you soon xxx