Friday, 24 September 2010

Bones

Yesterday morning I had a bone scan, I have to have one every 2 years (I think). Years ago this scan showed my bones were slightly brittle and I was put on extra calcium tablets and another tablet that elderly people tend to have. The scan after that showed they were working and my bones were better, so I am hoping this scan will show the same. It is routine for people with CF to have these scans so nothing to stress about. It's really easy, you lay on a bed and this machine goes over the top of you, you have to put your legs in a few different positions and it takes about 10-15 minutes. My appointment was at 10am however I got there early as it was at the LGI, not St James and I always find the LGI difficult to find and get parked, so I set off early. Anyway I got there for 9.30am, was receiving the scan by 9.45am and was out by 10am.

I'm still getting used to my new car which is a new Astra, it's alot bigger than my mini and it doesn't have a handbrake. It has this stupid button instead and it's annoying me, you can't turn it off unless you have the foot on the brake and it has this hill start assistance which is majorly annoying me. After you take the foot off the brake it doesn't roll back for 2 seconds, but it won't let you accelerate either! Are people that rubbish at driving that Vauxhall have had to create something that means people don't roll back? What about people who can drive properly and would like to set off quickly?! The annoying thing is, when I test drove the car, this one had a normal handbrake so I had no choice but to believe the guy when he said I would get a button but apart from that it would be the same. When he calls me to see how it's going, I will not hesitate to tell him what I think! I'm sure I will get used to it, but at the moment it is majorly annoying me! Apart from that I seem to be getting on fine with the car, it looks very nice inside although I feel very small in it!

I forgot to mention last week but Pete has got a promotion! Wahoo! From the 1st October he will be a Senior Planner, very proud of him as he has worked so hard and it's finally paid off!

I went food shopping by myself on Wednesday for the first time in ages. I figured now that we live in a bungalow so there are no steps to carry the shopping (apart from the two to get in, the flat had loads of stairs) and we have a car that all the shopping can actually fit in the boot and not have to go on the back seat, I might be able to manage by myself. So I got there and all the disabled spaces were taken, I had to drive around twice before someone left and I could get in. Half of the cars didn't have disabled badges in them and the car next to me had a guy in it asleep with no disabled badge, I mean the cheek! Then I got into Asda and they are in the middle of expanding the store, so nothing was in it's usual place, the middle bit was shut and you had to walk around it and it was packed because I assume it was closed Monday and Tuesday and so everyone had come on Wednesday. In addition to this they didn't have loads of the stuff we usually get and I found it difficult to push the trolley (Pete usually does it!). I was tired when I got home and Pete brought all the shopping in, then I didn't eat my tea because I was too annoyed and tired. Needless to say I decided that I shall not be going shopping on my own again! Thanks Asda for making me hate shopping even more! Grr!

1 comment:

Rick said...

I hate cars that try to be too clever. I bought my wife an astra and she wanted an automatic one which wont let you take the keys out of the ignition unless it's in park. I mean as if you can't be trusted... I hate to say this but you're gona miss that mini, I miss mine.