Monday, 22 November 2010

Hello Good Week?

Well last week turned out to be a pretty horrible week really!
We already had the problem with the damp and the boiler and now I seem to have lost my sat nav! No idea how, but I usually keep it in the car, went to get it out and it's gone! I've looked everywhere I can think of and it's nowhere to be seen! I haven't left it in the Mini, as I've used it since then so who knows where it is!
The boiler is definitely broken, luckily a friend of a friend is fixing it for us, it needs a new valve or something. They were going to fix it on Sunday but had the wrong part, so now it will be getting fixed on Wednesday. In the meantime we just have to keep topping up the pres sue when it falls below 0.5 which is happening about 3 times a day now. Also they are going to sort out the radiator in the bedroom hopefully as it has never worked since we moved in, heat in the bedroom! Wahoo! Going up the world...!
My brothers friend came to look at the damp on the wall and he thinks its nothing serious and needs to do some pointing on the wall outside, so he is going to get back to us.
So fingers crossed, we won't end up shelling out loads of money to get things fixed which is a huge relief!

On Friday night I had to take a sleeping tablet as I just needed to get some sleep! They are some tablets my CF team gave me ages ago and I never took them. Sleeping tablets are quite addictive and not good for people with breathing difficulties so they don't like you to take them really. I'd never get some over the counter ones as I don't know what I can and can't take. Anyway it helped me sleep and I only woke up about twice, compared to about 10 times and then it taking me about 2 hours to fall back asleep each time or not falling back asleep at all! I can't understand why I have become such a bad sleeper, I used to be the opposite and sleep all the time and quite deeply, now the slightest noise wakes me and I just can't nod off. On Saturday I was tempted to take another tablet but I didn't and I managed to sleep quite well last night, so hopefully things are improving. Laying awake in bed for hours makes you so miserable, then the next day you are so tired, it makes no sense!

Yesterday I didn't feel too well, my whole body ached and my sputum tasted horrible which meant it was affected my taste buds and I just didn't fancy any foods. I make a skandishake and the stupid stuff sprayed everywhere so then I had a strop! We did manage to take Alfie for a walk but ended up getting takeaway rather than cooking a risotto which is what was planned. Today I feel better so hopefully it was just the end to a bad week and today will be the start of a good week!

Oh there is one piece if good news, I finally have my flu jab booked for the 1st December! Miracles do happen! Also I got my first delivery of Christmas presents that I ordered last week, I tend to try do most of my shopping online as I hate shopping, all that walking and carrying stuff is too tiring and it's too busy!

2 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

Glad uv had a good start to the week and that the boiler gets fixed, thank god for friends, good hearted ones at that :-)

Let's hope it carries on for you xxx

Rick said...

Before we had our kristian I slept like a log too and now I'm more like you are at the moment every time he rolls over or coughs I'm awake. So on the upside it's good training for you. Rick