Happy New Year everyone! Lets hope that 2011 is going to be a good, happy and healthy one! My new years resolution is to learn how to knit! I am starting my lessons this months with a friend from Scope, so put your orders in for scarves etc haha!
Here's a run down on what I have got up to over the festive season...
On Christmas Eve we went to my Nana's like we do every year
My brother and his girlfriend
Two of my cousins
Christmas Day we went to my Dad's for breakfast, his heating has broken so we were kept warm by the smallest heater ever! Good job I got a new coat for Christmas! We then went to see my Nana then went home and waited for my brother to come and pick up us. He rang us after about an hour to inform us he had forgotten to come and pick us up! So we made our own way to my Mum's for Christmas lunch, then in the evening went to my Aunties for a party.
On boxing day we went to my aunties from my dads side and I finally got to meet his girlfriend and then on the Monday we went to another aunties from my mums side.
Then on Wednesday we made our way over to Stockport to see Pete's family, I am terrible at remembering to take photos, I have told Pete to get some off his Dad, but so far no luck! Pete's parents bought us lots of lovely bedding and some plane tickets to go on holiday with them on the sailing boat in May, wahoo! We met up with some friends in Stockport too, I actually remembered to take some photos here!
We came home on Friday for New Years Eve, had some friends around to ours and someone came up with the smart of idea of playing a drinking game , we then went to our local pub for midnight, karaoke was involved I'm afraid to say, then we came back to ours to eat our takeaways.
Since then we have both been recovering from our busy week, watched a few dvds, got a curry etc. We do not do sales shopping and stay as far away from the shops as possible!!
CF wise I haven't been great but not bad either. I think all the drinking dries out my chest and makes it difficult to shift the mucus, then obviously all our plans have tired me out. Also I seem to have had alot of tummy/toilet problems, I'm not sure if its the iron tablets or the fact its difficult to keep control of taking enzymes with food over Christmas. I find I am nibbling on things all the time, but not enough to warrant taking a tablet with! It's probably a combination of both.
On top of all this, even though I rang up before Christmas to get some more disks for my I-neb, they still haven't been delivered and now I have one cycle left on my disk and still no sign of any more been delivered. The company assure me some were sent out on the 29th (even though I called up before Christmas!), so royal mail have let me down big time.
I also ordered some more sachets for my nasal rinse before Christmas and they still haven't arrived and it hurts too much to just use salt, so my sinuses are starting to feel congested. I also dropped off my prescription for my tobi before Christmas and it still hasn't arrived at the chemist, not that I'd be able to do it anyway as I can't use my I-neb!
So even though I have been 100% compliant all the way through the festive season, and I've felt like all I've done is plan things around treatment and spent every spare minute doing them, I now can not do all my treatments, infact from tomorrow all I can do is physio and no nebs what so ever. Why are companies incapable of functioning throughout Christmas? I manage, other people manage it! Thanks to them I'm probably going to end up on IV's, I already feel like I am slipping. So thanks royal mail, respironics, chemist direct and the tobi suppliers for nothing...! God it makes me so mad!
3 comments:
Hello :)
I've been reading your blog for a while now but don't think I've commented before. I just wanted to let you know that iron tablets are well known to cause tummy trouble, so that's probably the cause of yours.
Take care,
Moll x x
I just started tablets and my stomach has gone funny, thanks Molly for letting us know xx
Iron Tablets ahhhhh
Post a Comment