Friday, 21 January 2011

Half Way There

7 days down and 7 to go!
IVs seem to be going OK, my chest is feeling alot better, I'm coughing up less sputum and it doesn't feel to be rattling around my chest as much. Although my IVs seem to be making me quite tired this time around, I think I could sleep all day given the opportunity!

The nurse came to see me today and make a very valid point when I told her about my tiredness and that Pete has had to make tea alot. She pointed out that if I was in hospital which most people normally would be when having IVs, I'd get everything done for me. But as I'm at home everyone seems to think (including me) that life goes on as normal, when in fact I actually need to get some rest to help the IVs work.
The whole point of home IVs is so they don't interfere with my life, but at the same time I still need to rest. I guess it's a balancing act!

My silly port didn't bleed back when she changed my needle, so I had to have some blood taken out of my hand. The needle vibrated when she started pulling the blood out, it was weird but cool! She said it must have touched a nerve but it didn't hurt, never had that happen before, very interesting..!

I've lost abit of weight which is quite funny because I was moaning to Pete last week that my belly was getting fat and I was going to go on a diet, I then enquired as to what you can eat on a diet and when he told me I decided dieting wasn't for me. However it would seem I have lost a kg in a week anyway. My belly isn't as fat anymore anyway, I think it was more all the bloating from those damn iron tablets that are still causing me to have painful constipation. I'm up to two movicols a day to try get things moving, but it's still a struggle! The nurse says if my levels come back OK, I can stop taking them, wahoo! I swear last week I could not fasten some of my jeans my belly was sticking out so much!

I started my knitting lessons last night, it's a lady I know from Scope that is teaching me. I went to her house and spent about an hour there and lets just say, I don't think I am going to be a natural! We are starting with a scarf and I got about two rows (if that's what you call them) done, even then I managed to get a big hole in it somehow and she had to correct it! Her cat is so funny, he only has three legs but you wouldn't know with the way he jumps around. She herself has cerebral palsy and cannot walk or move herself around, amongst other things, it sometimes puts your life into perspective when you see how other people with disabilities live, I may be poorly but at least I have quite alot of independence compared to others.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Have a look at knittinghelp.com they have instructional videos you can watch. Very useful!