Thursday, 17 March 2011

Red Nose Day

I'm IV free! Wahoo! I swear this time around it has felt like they have lasted forever and I don't think I could have done another week!

I'm not sure what my lung function is as the physio gave me it in litres rather than a percentage, she said my fev1 was about the same, to me its either the same or not! Even a 1% increase is an improvement! She also said my fvc was up quite abit, again, not idea what 'abit' is! My sats are now sitting at 98-99% which is brilliant, they aren't that high very often!

I am feeling alot better, not as breathless or chesty and I wanted to come off the damn IV's and the Doctor had no concerns so wahoo! I've also been given some gel to put in my eyes to help lubricate them and some anti histamines, I asked for to cream to get rid of the dry skin and itchiness but I wasn't allowed! The Doctor thinks it's an allergy problem, I have to ring back if this stuff doesn't work. The Doctor also said to not wear my contact lenses for a week, yeah right! As if I am going to spend a week wearing my ugly glasses! The leaflet for the eye gel says to not wear contacts for 30 minutes after putting it in, so that is what I've been doing and wearing my glasses when at home. That's as far as I will go!

I started yoga again on Monday, it's so good to get back in to the swing of things. I'm going to try start swimming again now that it's getting warmer and lighter, it seems to give me the motivation to do it!

Our shower is driving me crazy, my first shower of two weeks was very disappointing...! Their is a leak in the pipe and also the thing you lift on the tap to make water come out of the shower rather than the bath taps, isn't working properly. So basically when you get a shower the pressure is pathetic as their is water spraying out of the pipe and leaking out of the tap. Pete and I's DIY skills are poor so I am dreading out attempts to fix this problem!

I'm going out for a meal with my friends tonight so should be good as there are a few things I want to get off my chest and get opinions on as well as catch up with them! Then tomorrow night I am volunteering to take calls for Red Nose Day! I think I will be one of the people you speak to if you ring up to donate money, not really sure! My friend works for British Gas and their call centre is taking some of the calls and he was asking friends and family to help out, so I though, why not? Wish me luck!


3 comments:

Rick said...

Join the 4 eyed club, I'm also having self inflicted contact lens supply chain issues brought about purely by my own disorganisation. Good to hear your stats are up...clocks change weekend after this so that should make the evenings even better..Rick

Gemma said...

Glad you are feeling better and free from the IVs.

I will ask my dad about the computer issue and see if he can give you some simple things to try.
Will let you know.

Take care and hope tonight is going well!
X

rhinoplasty Philippines said...

Its good that you feel better,I hate having a red nose it feels very irritating to me.Get well soon!

aljur