Sorry again I haven't posted for awhile, I guess it's a good sign because it means I'm busy which means I am feeling good!
We came back from the Lake District yesterday, we went Sunday to Tuesday and had a lovely time. My brother and his girlfriend were supposed to come with us, but her Grandad sadly died on Saturday night so in the end my brother still came after some persuasion! It rained on the Sunday so we just stayed in playing boardgames and cards and drank, and and went out for a meal at he local pub. I was designated driver that evening, the house is in the middle of nowhere up a massive hill which involves driving up a long, windy road and in Pete's car which I'm not used to driving, it was an experience to say the least. Pete does most of the driving when we usually go to the Lakes, so I'm not really used to it! We got home in one piece and I only stalled twice so I can't have be that bad...!
The next day we went for a walk with a stop at a pub halfway and then on Tuesday my brother left early and Pete and I went for a walk around Grizedale Park on one of the easy routes before heading home. If anyone is going to the Lakes and wants to go on walks but is like me and pretty rubbish at walking due to CF or anything else that limits your mobility, you should purchase a book called 'Lakeland Walking on the Level' by Norman Buckley. We have just purchased the second edition as its great for me, there is no way I could do alot of the walks in other books as there are just far too many hills, there only needs to be a small slope and I'm coughing and breathless. These walks try to be as flat as possible, yes there are still slopey parts, it is the Lake District after all but they are perfect for people like me. The walks vary from about 1 mile to 7 miles and often it has short cuts if you are getting tired. It outlines how much rise and fall there is at the start of each walk so you have an idea of how hilly its going to be too.
I'm tired today after our trip so going to take it easy and leave you with these photos!
3 comments:
Glad u had a great time, can u send me the photos via email pls cause George didn't take any on my camera :-( x
Sounds good, I love the Lakes (when it doesn't rain ;-)). That pub looks familiar, was it in Hawkshead?
Cool, like it in the lakes. We sometimes stay in a log cabin near Ambleside. Air always seems a bit fresher up there and folk say hello to you all the time.
Post a Comment