Thursday, 14 May 2009

Dodging game!

I called the hospital today to ask for some oral antibiotics as I am going to dodge IV's until at least my outpatient appointment. I'm getting a dull pain in the bottom of my chest and my cough is becoming ever more annoying. I'm getting tired so easily, like yesterday I went to the gym and I felt flattened for the rest of the day.

Today I went to order our wedding cake with my mum (Pete had little say in the cake) and then I went to the bridal shop to order my veil. This meant I had to try my wedding dress on again, oh what shame....!! It's still as beautiful as ever, I am going to look amazing on our wedding day if I might say so myself! Then my mum and I went for some lunch then onto JTF to look for vases and ribbons of which they had none suitable. I ended up buying some cleaning stuff for the bathroom, how exciting!

So then I came home and fell asleep, I felt so tired I couldn't focus properly. I've just woken up as the doctor called me back and the pain in my chest is even worse but I'm not in agony or anything, its kind of a dull stabbing, I don't think I'll be going swimming as planned, just too tired. The doctor is sending me a prescription for amoxicillin, he was going to put me on ciprofloxcin but I am going to the lake district next weekend and cipro makes you burn in the sun and so does voriconazole so together i think I will be a walking lobster. He said amoxicillin doesn't actually fight psuedomonas but it will fight everything else and i'm on my nebbed antibiotic so it should keep me going for abit (it's like i'm a car or something!). If I still feel rough he will give me a prescription for cipro if necessary. However I remember the amoxicillin worked quite well at Christmas. Apparently my last sputum sample showed up 'psuedomonas, psuedomonas, psuedomonas, psuedomonas', alright how many times does it need to say it!??!! I get the point! Damn psuedomonas, one day I shall have my revenge!

On another note, Alfie is doing very well at the dog training. He even went up to another dog (the trainers very well behaved dog) and got really close and sniffed it without growling which is kind of a big thing for Alf. When we were practising 'leave', the trainer said Alfie was making it look easy. Well you know I do have a super dog. I shall have him jumping through hoops of fire next!!

4 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

Not only are you going to look amazing on your wedding day but your amazing in life, so keep up the good work and don't get disheartened. I am so proud of you, love you lots xxx

Jac said...

Glad Alfie is doing so well! I didn't expect anything less :-) Hope the orals work too.
Jac xx

Tori said...

Orals seem to have worked a treat on me so hopefully they will for you too xx

I can't wait to see you wedding pics!!

Anonymous said...

If that was me ringing the cf team for a prescription for orals, i would have had to be seen in clinc. Yor lucky.

Shirley