Sunday, 9 August 2009

The week has flown by!

For some reason I haven't updated this blog for a week so I shall tell you what I have been upto!

Monday I went for my dress fitting, I was scared to cough because she had pins all down each side and I thought they might all pop out! My dress is going to be tight, I think I'm not going to be able to breathe! My veil has arrived and I've ordered a bag and hair piece as I am not having a tiara. I also went out for lunch with my mum and brother.

I went shopping one day, Thursday maybe? I had £70 to spend on a whole outfit for a wedding I am going to in two weeks. I knew it was going to be struggle and since I hate shopping I was not really looking forward to the experience! Anyway I managed it with £10 spare! So I treated Pete and I to a takeaway, the Indian we use has been shut for weeks. We were all in despair, lost, confused as to where our weekend takeaways would come from. We tried other places but nothing compared. Then this week it finally reopened, phew! I thought my life as I knew it was over! Anyway back to the outfit, I got a dress, some shoes, a bag and a big feathery hair thingy. Not bad ey?

I have finally started back at the gym after not going for about 4-5 weeks, I was not impressed when I got there. They have moved everything around and thrown my card away with what levels I do on the treadmill etc, therefore I had to try recall from my memory. I did OK to say I haven't been in so long. I was coughing quite abit when doing my sit ups and a guy asked me if I wanted some of his water, I was so embarrassed!

I went to church today with my Nana as our wedding banns were been read out. I had another embarrassing moment there, I was coughing loads in church whilst singing along to Lord of the Dance and this old lady turned around and gave me a tin with some little tablet things in. I didn't want to seem ungrateful so I just took one and hid it in my pocket. I always seem to have these embarrassing moments, when Pete and I went to London we were looking at the Crown Jewels and one of the guards tapped me on the shoulder with a cup of water he had gone and got me! Also the other day when I was helping at my mums barber shop this guy asked me what was wrong with my arm (nosey bugger) pointing to my port, it's still abit red where the needle was. I got all embarrassed and just said I'd had a needle in there, I didn't elaborate. I mean where do you even start explaining to a nosey stranger what a port is and why I need one etc etc.

Pete is on his stag weekend, they have gone to somewhere in Spain (I don't pay much attention) so I've been all alone. I have quite enjoyed it though, just Alf and I! On Friday I watched The Notebook then last night I went for a curry with my friend and then today after church we took Alfie and Murphy for a walk. Then this evening I watched Marley and Me which by the way is the saddest film ever. I think I cried pretty much all the way through, even the funny bits made me cry! Pete is back tomorrow, he called me yesterday and apparently on Friday night he had to dress as a sailor girl, oh dear..!

Alfie had to visit the vets on Friday, on Thursday afternoon he started shivering and was just sitting around not been his usual self. Pete and I let him sleep on our bed that night and everytime I woke up Alfie was just sat there looking at the wall so I don't think he slept. During the night I tried to move him but it seemed like he couldn't move his back legs. In the morning I got him to walk and he was dragging his back end so obviously I was concerned as he was still acting all strange. I booked him into the vets and as the day went by he seemed abit better but still wouldn't walk anywhere. So off to the vets we went and she said all his back and knees felt clicky and he must have jumped off the sofa funny, so she gave him some pain relief and something to reduce the inflammation. He's fine now, although he was asleep on the top of the sofa today and rolled off! Jeez! Death wish or what!?

The best news this week is.... that my Nana has got me a present, she is paying for us to have a cleaner! It's brilliant because I do struggle with it so I'm not going to turn down an offer like that! I don't care if people call me lazy or whatever, they are just jealous that I have such a generous Nana :o)

6 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

good week all in all then ;-D

Chantelle said...

omg a cleaner?!?!?! you have the best nan ever!
i need one of them coz i never seem to get all my meds done looking after connor and cleaning and it makes me so tired too.
i may even look in to one saying that lol.
sounds like you have had a better week then the last one :)
xx

Jess said...

I hate those embarrassing stranger moments. I always get like "would you like a cough drop?" and I'm like NO, it won't help! Your poor doggie, it must of been the painkillers that knocked him off the couch, hahha!

Jac said...

It's not lazy at all - sounds sensible to get a cleaner and preserve some energy!

I've had so many of those moments - worst is when patients in clinic start rooting around in their bags looking for cough sweeties ;-)

xx

Anonymous said...

sounds like your having fun !!

Megan said...

I have those embarassing moments too. Its usually old women offering me a sweet or something. I'm sorry, but how the hell will a blackjack stop my cough?!

Having a cleaner sounds ace, but I'd hate to have to explain why there is loads of medical stuff about the house...! Xx