Friday, 30 July 2010

Fly Hunting

I've had a pretty dull week really, I have been quite achy and feeling rather tired, so it's not really given me the motivation to do anything! I'm feeling better today so maybe it was just abit of a virus or something? Who knows!

I went for my port flushing on Wednesday, that all went well. Alfie and I went for a walk beforehand and the heavens opened, leaving one very wet dog looking rather like a rat and one miffed off lady with a dry head thanks to an umbrella but very wet legs and feet! We went for another walk yesterday that went alot better and Alfie was very well behaved, he didn't bark at any other dogs and even when one tried to jump on him, he quietly growled and ran off rather than try to start a fight. Very proud of my little munchkin!

We have a fly living in our house, it just won't go away! It has lived with us for about five days now, I have no idea how it is surviving but it is and its driving me crazy. It's everywhere I go, I've tried to hit it with a towel, even Alfie has chased after it on several occasions, which is hilarious. I think this is why I have secretly not made a proper attempted to kill it, Alfie jumps off furniture, jumps in the air and even sniffs around for it, it is SO funny! I keep meaning to video it, if I remember I'll put the video on here.

We are going to a surrogacy social event on Saturday, I am so scared! We were supposed to get matched up with some buddies to look after us, but our buddies have not made any contact so the organiser has just given us her number incase we have any problems. So now we are buddyless! Not a good start! Although, the event is in Stockport which is handy because that is where Pete is from, so at least we know where we are going! Not really sure what will happen at this event, but there will be other intended parents and perhaps some women who want to be surrogates as well, so quite nerve wracking! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Woody said...

Good look with the meeting, hope it all goes well in Stocky x

Anonymous said...

grab your hair spray, carry it with you, when you see the fly spray it, it will get the wings sticky so it cant fly anymore

Kerry said...

Good luck!! My dog chases flies too, it's hilarious! I can never video it though because she's so fast haha!
x