Well this cold is officially trying to make my life a misery but I’m not going to let it!
It's not like I’m in bed dying or anything, I’m still out and about, but it's limiting me and I don't like being limited. Plus I feel it's dragging me closer and closer to IV's which I am not happy with, it would be OK if IV's were as simple as I have a needle in and have some antibiotics pumped into me for two weeks. However it’s not so simple is it? Its two weeks of pure misery and feeling like poop, and I still feel like I am recovering from the last lot! Surely such aggressive and miserable treatment should be rewarded by weeks of feeling good and having a life? Well I feel my last course of IV's should give me at least 12 good weeks, it owes me that much!
I just have loads of mucus in my throat constantly and it tastes horrible which is making me feel sick. It's dripping and sticking and making my chest crackle. It's causing me to do very loud coughs that make all my veins pop out of my head and makes people feel the need to comment on that I have a bad cough (yes thanks Sherlock), I am spending alot of my time trying not to loosen anything to try not to cough because it just uses so much energy it tires me out! What I do is try store it all until I’m on my own, then just let it all out, and then spend 5 minutes waiting for the spinning in my head and dots in front of my eyes to disappear. The worst thing though is it is just making me tired which makes me in a bad mood, which makes me feel miserable. I am not sleeping well either which is probably contributing, I’m sweating and having freaky dreams, I assume because I am back on the voriconazole.
Anyway the good news is, I have my mini back! Wahoo!!!! They have cleaned it too, yeay! Friday morning was a good morning as she pulled up outside my house and we went for a little drive together, Gemma and mini back together at last! I'm going to be really sad when she goes, I’m not particularly excited about getting my new car because I love my mini so much!
On Friday afternoon I helped my Nana look after my cousins little girl who is two years old. Let’s just say I am now sick of Peppa Pig and Pingu! She’s lovely though and it was good fun! On Monday we had to take Alfie to the vets, he couldn't walk and was whimpering in pain. It meant I had to miss yoga damn it! She thinks he has hurt his back so gave him an injection for the pain and he did limp around for a few more days but now he is back to his normal self. He needs to realise how small he is and stop jumping off everything, no matter how big it is!
On Saturday night I had to cancel seeing my friends which was disappointing. They were going into town which I had said I couldn't do as I want to reserve myself for London, however they were going to come to mine first before going into town. However I was really tried after working at the shop and the dogs had been on their own all day (looking after Murphy too) so I had to take them for a walk, then cook tea and get a bath and do physio. Alfie was sick everywhere from excitement when I got home and then got poo on his paw on our walk so he had to have bath just adding to my list of things to do, least he is only small! Pete was out so I had no help and I was just exhausted so had to cancel, I just couldn't get everything done by the time they arrived and then sit and talk for a few hours, just wanted to turn into a vegetable in front of the TV!
I am so excited about our trip to London, I have planned what we are doing each day and bought a little map of London and the tube so I can plan how we will get to each place. I'm going to be so tired when we get back, but I don't even care, it will be worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Know what you mean about your mini, it was a sad day when I swapped mine too. There's nothing better than hamstering around london on the tube popping up and doing a bit of sight seeing.. have fun.
I don't think I've commented before but I always read your blog posts. I hope you have a great time in London :) I live an hour away from London on the train so love spending time there when I can.
Take care,
Moll x x
Boooo to the nasty cough but yay to coming to London!! Come down south and see us commoners :) have a good time mate xx
Hiya, hope you are feeling better soon- I know how you feel I have had a nasty cold for the last 2 weeks and its still all lingering- only out of bed a few hours each day at the moment and it's soooo annoying!! Enjoy London xx
I wish u could come and see me in London!!! Let me know if y get lost and I will help x x
Post a Comment