Monday, 20 October 2008

don't drive your car over a bolt....

Well on Friday I went out for some tea and a few drinks, and on Saturday night Pete says he read someone got arrested there because of a car chase and there were forensics there and stuff, I knew I should have gone on Saturday!!

On Sunday I sent to a wedding fayre, which is basically loads of stalls with People trying to get you to use them for your wedding. We were looking for a photographer and spoke to a few. I was expecting some free champagne but didn't get any which was abit disappointing! I got a free magazine but it's not the same!

We then went food shopping and when we went back to the car the AA guy that was selling breakdown recovery outside informed us we had a bolt in our tyre. I thought he meant we had been clamped because I had forgotten to put my disabled sticker out (which I hadn't)! But no, he meant that a big bolt was stuck in my back wheel. Why he was looking at the wheel I don't know, but nevermind, I would have never noticed it if he had never mentioned it!

I then spent the afternoon sleeping (my speciality) and then cooked a roast, although i'll admit we bought a ready cooked chicken, but I made the roast potatoes myself! It was very nice, Alfie enjoyed the chicken too as Pete 'accidentally' dropped some on the floor. There was a special offer on hagen dazs icecream, so I had half a tub of that and didn't even feel guilty about it because I can eat whatever I want and don't get fat. yeay! I shall finish the other half when I have finished this blog.

I took my tyre to be fixed today, I took it to kwik fit and it only took them 10 minutes. They didn't even ask to see anything to check I was a motability customer (getting the tyres fixed is covered by motability), they said they trusted me. I must have a genuine face..... :o) I was abit scared going there as I always feel abit stupid when it comes to cars and bunches of mechanics scare me! They were asking me if I have run flat tyres and where my wheel key was or something, I just played dumb. No, ok there was no playing, I am just dumb when it comes to my car.... I know how to drive it and put petrol in and thats about it.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

lol dont worry im the same with my car!
i had to drive to my dad's work last week to get hiim to put some water in the jets as i had run out and matt had gone out and i didnt know how to. when i got there he said "top the bonnit".......i didnt have a clue where that was!
in my defence i only got the car in may lol
xx