Monday, 13 October 2008

Peppermint oil tablets are the best!!

Well where shall i start?

First of all it's about time I revealed that my parents are splitting up. My mum told me 2 weeks ago but I guess I was hoping it wouldn't happen and was too upset about it and didn't want to talk to other people about it. My youngest brother only got told yesterday as he has just started university and came home for the weekend, so I also didn't want him finding out another way. Now its all in the open though I can mention it. At first I was gutted and was crying all the time, I couldn't imagine my parents not together. I know i'm an adult and don't even live at home anymore but that doesn't mean it's not horrible. I think I was more concerned for my parents than myself, i'm scared they will be lonely without each other and I don't want them to be sad and alone. I'm scared I won't see my dad very often, he's the kind of person that would rather keep a distance from you than actually have to talk about his feelings etc. I'm scared of how it will affect us as a family, I guess when your parents are together you can't ever imagine them not been, it's really weird. So anyway, now 2 weeks have passed I have gotten used to the idea abit and i'm trying to support my parents the best way I can. My parents house is massive (5 bedrooms) and now there is just my mum and my other brother living there (and little Murphy as well). It must be so quiet, last year there were 5 of us, then I went, then my brother to uni and now my dad. Anyway enough said, it's my parents business.

I had a pretty rubbish weekend. I got a pain under my chest on friday night, it went saturday day and then came back on the evening. It was so painful I was in agony and couldn't sleep all night. It was still there sunday so i called the hospital, I had a pretty good idea that it was trapped wind pushing on my chest as I had this a couple of years ago. The ward told me to ring my gp, before I knew it I was at the local health centre seeing a doctor. He listened to the back of my chest and said there were a few crackles (oh really...?) but no sign of infection and agreed it was trapped wind. He wrote a prescription for peppermint oil tablets (on my recommendation) and when i got to Boots he had written me a prescription for actual oil and not tablets! The pharmacist would not give me tablets (I bet my local pharmacy would have) but informed me I could just buy them so that is what I did. So anyway next time I won't bother with the doctor, I shall just buy some myself!! The pain did not go yesterday but has eased off today and almost gone. You may think I was being abit ott, but the pain was so bad I could not have put up with it for another day.

So today I have felt full of energy after my near death experience......hehe. I got my hair done in the morning, then took Alfie for a short walk and then went swimming at the gym followed by 10 minutes in the hydrotherapy pool. I feel abit of a fool at the gym as I still don't know where everything is so I walk around like an idiot, looking at signs etc.

I'm now sat with some conditioner in my hair as it needs some nourishment after its bleaching this morning. Im going to attempt to cook risotto tonight, i've never even eaten risotto before so have no idea what it should taste like.....! Then I am meeting some people I used to work with later on for a few drinks. I told you I was feeling energetic!!

I'm not sure how Toria is doing but the last update from her friend was that she still is not doing very well, Toria I really hope you pull through this and i'm thinking of you xx

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

im so sorry to hear about your mum and dad gemma, if you need to talk you know where i am.
im gald your pain has gone, i get pains like that every now and again but they go after about a day or 2. not sure if its the same thing.
xxx