Friday, 3 July 2009

Evilness of the Chest

Lidl is ace!
I just went to get a few bits and bobs and it only came to £5 and a few pence.
I got:
Some garlic and coriander nan breads
Tikka Massalla Sauce
Onion Bahjis and Samosas (guess what we are having for tea tonight...?)
Kingsmill bread
Pitta breads
Spready cheese
chicken with herbs (for in sandwiches)

Not bad ey?!

My chest is been an arse this week and that's me been nice. I keep getting pains, then my lung felt like it had unstuck its self from my rib when I was driving Wednesday morning, it was not pleasant and it hurt. When I lay in bed it feels like there is a weight on my chest and then today I have been finding it harder to breathe. I'm not gasping for breath or anything but I am aware of my breathing which is always a sign I am struggling abit and feel like I've just done something to make me catch me breath when infact I am sat doing nothing atall. I have even had to put my acapella on a lower resistance as I can't seem to blow into it hard enough, I've lost my puff!! Nooo!!

So anyway I have done some salbutamol through my I-neb, I kind of guessed how much I needed. I estimated half of the neb as that's how much you use for dnase and tobi and its how much salbutamol I used to use when I mixed it with promixin. I did it though my chamber I use for dnase. Anyway now I feel all shaky as it tends to do that, and my chest feels no different. So load of good that was!

It could be the weather, or maybe my chest is recovering from all the walking when we were in London plus I did get very warm. I am also blaming myself because I didn't do my physio or nebs on Monday night as we didn't get home until half 10 and I was way too tired and just went to bed. But surely missing one lot isn't going to make a massive difference?!

I am also coughing up sticky sputum, the kind that hangs from your mouth as half of it is still stuck in your throat. Yes it is lovely.... and I seem to be spending alot of time over the kitchen sink! I'm not calling my cf team, I shall see how it goes over the weekend. I have a feeling this will pass so not going to kick up a fuss, I'm sure I shall live!

Anyway putting all this aside I decided to go swimming this morning since I have not been in awhile, I have been abit naughty with my exercise regime the past few weeks. The first few laps I usually struggle then I'm ok, today it took about 15 laps before I stopped coughing my guts up, I was seriously ready to give in. At least people kept out of my way in the pool which can only be a good thing! I managed 24 laps in the end which wasn't bad.

I've not really done much this week, just been sat in the front room appreciating the rays! I did go cruising with my roof down to JTF which is this wholesalers. I bought some photo frames as I am putting some photos up of Henry and his wives (that I got on my trip) above Alfie's basket, Alfie is a big fan too.....!! hehe. I bought a few other bits and bobs, its one of those places you go and buy stuff you didn't even realise you needed. For example I bought some marshmallows, who knew I would need some of those? I have been doing quite alot of napping too, I blame the heat! Not that I'm moaning about it, I love the sun. Its cheers everyone up! Don't be thinking I'm lazy though, I did a load of cleaning yesterday!

Here's a picture of my mini in her element i.e. with the roof down. Isn't she pretty? :o)

I doing my presentation on Monday about CF, wish me luck! I'm very nervous!

6 comments:

Kellee said...

Good luck Mon.!!
ANd I hope you feel better on the ASAP =)

Tori said...

I love how you ignore my advice!! ;)

Sophie-Anne said...

Good luck Gemma!!
Hope u start to feel better soon xx

Chantelle said...

ohhh your car is very sexy gemma...mine just looks like a mans car lol all matts football and college stuff in it and he acts like its his car too! roll on the end if the year when he gets his own!
good luck on monday hun xx

Kiz said...

I think ur right about it being the weather messin ur chest up, ive woken up with the tightest chest today, like one lungs shut down, and ive been really well this week. Bloody weather huh?

Lidl !!! I KNOW !!!! Love the place, they do these rly cheap choc/Cream desserts for like 35p and they are great at helping put weight on.
Indian tonight then huh? Spare some??

Bless Alfie, Lets just hope Henry doesnt fall off the wall and erm...Off with Alfies head?

Gemma's mum said...

Good luck tomorrow darling, you will be fantastic, you know so much and are passionate about it so u will be fine.

I knew something was wrong on Saturday why didn't you say that your chest felt tight??????

Picture of who lol that's slightly sad

xxxxx love you lots