Thursday, 9 July 2009

Happy Birthday Pete!

Wow everyone has been posting my presentation on facebook, it's had over 100 views. Glad people like it but I didn't think it was that good! One lady even emailed me asking if she could use it at her work as she works with families who have children with disabilities.

For Pete's birthday I got him some pump/trainer things and a tshirt. Not very exciting but it's what he wanted and I'm quite skint at the moment so couldn't get him anything extravagant like last year when I got him the camcorder. That must mean I have been doing this blog for over a year now, scary!

We are going out for a meal tonight, although we nearly didn't end up going as Pete forgot it was his birthday and organised to play football. duh! Sometimes I wonder if he has a brain in that pretty head of his! I also got him a finance birthday card, only time I will be able to get him one. Next year it will be a husband birthday card and forever!

I have seriously done hardly anything this week, so now I have loads to do today. On Sunday I went for lunch with my two best friends and then we took Alfie and Murphy for a walk. It was a nice walk apart from when one of my friends decided she would drag Alfie across the floor as he was barking at a dog that was bugging us, she said I had to do it to teach him it's bad. I got mad and told her he was my dog and I don't do things like that, for a start he wasn't been bad. This dog was wet, off its lead and was trying to jump on him and Murphy whilst the owners did nothing to stop it. You have a dog 20 times bigger than you trying to jump on you and see what you do! Second the trainer told me Alfie will never be friendly with dogs and we should just walk away, all punishing him will do is make it worse, he needs to learn dogs are not necessarily a threat which isn't going to happen if he gets hurt when he barks at them. I was doing as told by the trainer before my friend decided to pull his lead and drag him across the gravel. My friend doesn't even have a dog and has never had one, so yes I'm really going to listen to her, the expert..........

I also found out my friends have not been invited to a wedding reception next week and I have, probably because I have been chatting to the bride alot about weddings recently and they never speak to her. They have now decided to arrange a night out on the same night and I just got a text inviting me. Erm no... I'm going to the wedding!!

On Tuesday I had my roots done at my mums barber shop, the bleach was left on for way too long as silly customers kept coming in haha! So anyway now my hair is very white and abit straw like, but it looks good! I'm going to leave some conditioner on for about half an hour after I have been swimming today.

I have my first hen night on Saturday! Wahoo! We are going to see Dirty Dancing in London.

8 comments:

Chantelle said...

Happy Birthday Pete!

sounds like your friend isnt really that nice, i would have gone mad if that was my dog.

when you have a baby is she going to tell you how to look after that too grrrr

bet you will have fun in london!

x

Tori said...

Have fun in London!! While I'm sat in house and cat sitting for my brother :)

Tell Pete I said Happy Birthday!

Megan said...

Aww, I hope Alfie was OK!! Xx

Manda said...

aw poor Alfie, I have the same problem with Benji,except he's usually the one doing the jumping and I'm dragging him away on the lead. (blushes furiously)

Gemma's mum said...

Happy Birthday Pete! hope you had a nice time last night.

Carnt wait to see dirty dancing over the weekend.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Sophie-Anne said...

Saw dirty dancing last year for my bday - brilliant!!!
Hope u have a good time xx

Anonymous said...

have a great time in London x

Jac said...

I would have been really annoyed about the thing with Alfie - you are totally right - just walk away and pretend their is nothing threatening about the other dog - now he will think it was a bad thing! Poor wee Alfie!!

Jac xx