Me doing my IVs, the eclipse (bubble thing) is the colomycin, the one in the 50ml syringe is meropenum. Yes I know its a boring video but some might find it interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
'Woe to that child which when kissed on the forehead tastes salty. He is bewitched and soon must die'
9 comments:
It's funny to see how others do it. Our clinic make us wipe all the bottles and everything (with alcowipes) before it goes on the sterile tray and needles have to be constantly replaced between steps(like after it's touched the bung on a drug bottle). I wish i got eclipses though, those things look ace for easyness, especially since i have to do all my drugs as a drip anyway.
I have a passport in my arm too and always feel like me left hand/wrist, feels like a claw at the end of a course from all the bending to attach syringes and cap off the line!! hehe
I totally need an IV area like you have! All we use is a drawer in the big fridge for stuff like the ready filled syringes and the intermate bubbles and clear half the dining room table.
Speaking of, I really should learn to do it myself. I don't even make my own colomycin neb. (I know, I know, I'm so lazy!)
BTW, I watched the full video, found it tres interesting! Xx
Was very interesting to see your video.
I've not got CF, but brittle asthma, and have ended up with countless PICCs and have gone thru numerous debates about the merits or not of having a port as my peripheral access is dire now.
I've had about 18 months with PICCs in. I did maybe 6 x 6-8 week courses of my own antibiotics of various combos of mero/taz/amikacin/vanc along with methylprednisolone and iv antiemetics at home as a way of trying to at least spend 'some' time at home (having spent over 85% of the preceeding 18months in hospital)
I don't have a PICC currently, but having spent 3 weeks out of the last month in hospital on IVs, am thinking that I may bring up the discussion again.
Can you access your port yourself if it's not already been needled? Was particularly wondering with it's location on your arm.
A lot of the time mine would not be needed except for emergency access, but the local hospital isnt really set up for accessing them, whereas would be ok about using it like any other central access after it had been needled. I'd like the freedom to be able to go swimming when well, unlike with the PICCs.
Any comments or suggestions on port placement if i were to consider going down the port route in the future?
Hope you doing ok
KSD
lol yes it is very odd seeing you do your i.v's, you do it fast like me. we know what to do so well that we dont think so to say.
why do you use so many alcowipes tho? we only use one and thats just to wipe the end of my line, we have never been told to wipe anything else and never more then once. i do like your pre made hepsil (haha cant spell that) i always cut my finger on the glass bottle drawing mine up, i now use the wrapper of one of the syringes lol
whats that big wipe you used to wash down your trap?
i only use a alcowipe to do that and we dont have the gel stuff from hospital to use i went out and got some of the gel you can get from the shops to wash my hands and i only wash then 2 time, once before starting and then once before i start to give my i.v's.
it is strang how people do it diff.
how you feeling now x
OMG I watched it all but through my hands!! I'm megahigh about things being completely sterile and when you dropped that needle packet on you sterile tray I cringed and thought she needs to start over! lol If I get out of here I'll film how we're taught to do it her. It also shocked me that you didn't use sterile gloves and drapes. Soooo different!! xx
Hey everyone thanks for your comments, I knew someone would freak out at me dropping the needle before it was out of its wrapper hehe. It does come in sterile bags so I figured it would be ok, I don't make a habit of dropping stuff on the tray! And I would normally have cleaned it again but I guess I was having a lazy day :o)
Chantelle the wipes to clean the tray are called azo wipes, they are to disinfect surfaces. If you don't get those what do you use? a spray? I don't know why we have to use so many sterets, it's just what I was told to do lol.
KSD I can't put the needle in myself, your right its in a difficult place and I couldn't do it to myself anyway, I cant even stand to touch my port! If it was in your chest you might be bale to do it yourself or a family member can learn. Our hospital does them in the arm but most seem to put them in the chest, the ones in the arm are smaller and I have been told they are slightly safer to put in as your lung is less likely to get punctured during the op (its a small risk though anyway). I have IVs about every 2-4 months and the port needs to flushed every 4-6 weeks just to stop it blocking up
Tori hope you got over your heart attack... lol! :o) xxx
I love the way Alfie tried to gate-crash the video! I'm gonna ask about getting Eclipses when I'm next on Ivs...
you do your IV's so different i watchd the vid all the way through, and like Tori cringed when u dropped the needle and syringe on the tray I keep all mine in the packets, only use one steret to wipe at the begining and no hand gel!
Next time im on IV's I'll make a vid too!
Loves it Gem, hope your feeling better!
Thanx very interesting
Mum to a child with CF
Post a Comment