Monday, 6 July 2009

Presentation

My presentation went really well, yeay!
I was scared I would get nervous and forget what I was going to stay but this didn't happen, once I got going I think it was rather hard to shut me up! The thing lasted for 3 hours!! (with a 10 minute break). Never knew I had that much to say! I hope people didn't get bored, I took some stuff like my acapella, I-neb etc to show them how it works. Then I just spoke through everything with the slideshow to prompt me.
People said it was good and said it had taught them alot, they also said I was good at presenting it. Hope they were been honest and not just trying to make me feel better!
I'm glad I did it now and can't believe how confident I was. Must be because it was on something I know quite alot about! lol.
Here is the slideshow, you might have to pause it if you want to read all of it. I based it around me which I explained to them, so if information doesn't apply to you then you don't need to point it out to me thanks! I am aware everyone with CF is different and emphasised this in my presentation.
Thanks to everyone who helped me out and provided me with the information and pictures, I couldn't have done it without you! Please don't tell me if I got any facts wrong..... lol, it's too late now!
The people on the slideshow are the ones I included in the presentation, I picked people who showed variation the most. If you are not on here but gave me information on yourself, don't worry, you were on the handout! If you want to see your slide let me know and I'll email it to you! If you want me to remove you off this slideshow let me know asap and I will do. Sorry no funky music with this one... :o)
Thanks!! xx



Edit - Sorry just watched this and it's not very good as so small but don't know how else to let everyone see it! Get your glasses out!

Youtube link is abit better - http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=125520211354&h=29GIE&u=2x4ME&ref=mf

17 comments:

Tori said...

I can't read it :( Could you not put it on youtube so we can view it full screen? I give you my permission to put it up there, I'm sure the others will too xx

Looks good though!

What was the handout?

Megan said...

i liked the slideshow. I zoomed the screen to 200% (from the bottom right corner in the browser) so it was big enough to read. :) Xx

Me said...

hey ill try put it on youtube later just for you V. Gotta go food shopping in a minute. Boo!!

Tori said...

Yay let me know when you've done it xx

Lizzie Swims said...

Very well done! Looks like you packed plenty of information in (though i couldn't read what it was hehe.)I'm happy for it to go on youtube too, you could put it to music?
xxx

Me said...

hum if I put music to it I need to think about a song that suits. Any ideas?

Chantelle said...

yeah i dont mind you posting this too, maybe something from twilight i really like all them songs
gr8 job by the way xx

Me said...

on youtube now, added the link :o)

Me said...

oh and handout was a copy of the slideshow with extra slides on it

Mish said...

Weldone Gemma!! Knew you'd do a good job as you're so clued up and I imagine a really good public speaker. Nice one on getting people a bit more in the know! xx

Megan said...

I don't know what I'm doing with my movie maker video to be honest. It dose upload fine, and then it says there's an error - I don't get a chance to publish the post. Humph.

I think I was against mero as it's never been effective on me, and I was much happier with the effectiveness of colistin even though I'd only had it twice. I had horrible side effects when I was put on the mero this time, basically ended up stuck in bed for 2 days feeling like I had the flu. And the doc said it was 'just the IVs working'. Haha, they didn't :/

I don't really mind having the IVs 2 days after my birthday. I can tune out from them and ignore the fact I have a needle stuck in me most of the time!! Xx

Gemma's mum said...

Well done darling, I always knew you would do well I'm so proud of you. You tube - good luck hope u get plenty of hits xxx

Jac said...

As I have already said - fab work! I think you are right - when its a topic you know well you can go on for hours! sounds like it went down a storm :-) Could you maybe visit other SCOPE groups to present? xx

Natasha R said...

Hey, i was havin a look at ur presentation on youtube, its quite good!! - but one thing you got wrong lol is tht not only white people can have cf. i have cf and i'm an asian (brittish pakistani) x

Me said...

Hi Natasha thank you for your comment, glad you liked the slideshow. I'm aware not only white caucasian people can have CF (although it is more common as more are carriers) that is why I put it was a misconception on the slides. Gemma x

Natasha R said...

Am sorry! Its my fault. A read the misconcetion bit wrong!
Hope ur doing well n staying owt ov hosp. A think am due to go in. Am dreading it :(
Am
Thinkn ov writing a blog too, bt a dno wer to start or if a shud. A dno wot al be writing abwt.. x

Natasha R said...

Can i add u on facebook? - have u got fb..? It'd b gr8 to get to know u n keep in touch with u. U seem lyk a really nyc person :) a lyk to tok to others with cf, keeps me goin lol x