Monday, 7 September 2009

Housewife Gemma.....!

Had outpatients today, my last one as a single lady may I add!

My fev1 has increased abit to 46% which is promising and my weight is stable (as usual). Apparently my last bloods showed I had a slightly elevated crp level of 39, I love the way they tell me these things and then don't really elaborate on what the implications of this are. I go 'oh right' and they go onto the next thing. Today I saw a registrar who I have never met before but he seemed ok, although he went and got a nurse to watch whilst he listened to my chest. No other doctors do that so don't know what that was about...!

I keep having really vivid and nasty dreams again (mainly wedding related), I assumed this was to due with pre wedding nerves. However then I recalled this happened last time I was on voriconazole so I think it is definitely a side effect. I did ask the doctor about this and he looked at the side effects, there is hallucinations, anxiety, delusions but no mention of nightmares/sleep disturbance so guess it's just me then!

He has given me some ciprofloxin and steroids to take on the honeymoon just incase I start to go downhill or get really wheezy whilst away. I also got a prescription for some salt tablets and some letters to take with saying I am fit to fly with oxygen on long haul and without on short haul flights and another letter saying 'please let Gemma through with all her drugs because she needs them' (not the exact wording!). So I am all ready to go!

My next outpatients appointment isn't until the 23rd October which feels ages away! I'll need a port flush before then though so that will keep my withdrawl symptoms at bay. No seriously, if I don't go to the hospital for many weeks I feel abit panicky, it kind of makes me feel safe been checked up on every few weeks! It might sound stupid but going to hospital and knowing everything is ok is part of my routine in life, so a long break feels weird....!

Alfie and Murphy had a practise run at the dog sitters today, the lady is a performer and was practising singing Abba songs with her friend (who used to be in Emmerdale, trust Alfie to get to hang out with people off the tv!), apparently the dogs sat and watched them which I found quite funny. I took Alfie for walk beforehand to try tire him out abit, he's getting extremely good off his lead now.

This evening I made a fish pie from scratch, I skinned the fish, made the white sauce and the mash potato. It was very nice, quite proud of myself! Getting the hang of this housewife thing hahaha!

1 comment:

Gemma's mum said...

Glad to hear everything looking good. :-)

I was pleased with the doggy visit , the woman was Miranda Burrows who played Kathy Tate in Emmerdale.

The weather forecast is excellent for your big day - 10 days of sunshine on the cards after the possible rain/wind forecast for tomorrow (think it will pass us by)- yipee

XXX