I have been trying to decide whether to post about this or not as it is very sad and I don't know the people involved very well. Infact I used to read this ladies blog but stopped as I found it too raw and if I am quite honest, scary.
As a person with CF it is very hard to read about the views of someone as they watch the person they love die, particularly when that person is your 7 year old son. It's bad enough knowing I am probably going to die younger than I should do, its worse knowing that my family and friends will be left behind to deal with it but its even worse reading about a family going through this when the said person is only a child and it makes me feel like I am one of the lucky ones. Connor did have other medical problems as well as CF, however his decline I'm sure was similar to that of someone with just CF, because of his other condition he was not able to be listed for a lung transplant. I admit, I stopped reading it, out of sight out of mind.
However today I learnt that Conner has lost his battle with CF and I took the plunge to read the blog entries leading up to his death. Reading about his mother planning his funeral, ordering his casket, she describes how the grim reaper sits on the families shoulder, it's not a nice read atall. Yet I feel I should congratulate her (if that's the right term?!) on her honestly right up until the end. People don't discuss death enough, infact in one of her posts she describes how people started to avoid her as it makes them feel uncomfortable. As I have already said, I stopped reading the blog, I am guilty of what she describes and she doesn't even know me. I admire her for her strength and brutal honesty. I only hope this strength can help her through the next few weeks and months to come.
RIP Conner and may your spirit continue to live through your family
Here is the blog if you would like to have a read - http://notsobrightandshiny.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it really is a difficult thing to read, and made me teary every time she posted a new blog. I totally understand what you mean though, and think it shows amazing bravery in her that she was able to talk about it openly.
breathe easy Conner xxx
Me too, a very sad read.
It is a heart wrenching story. My older sister died age 6 from CF and reading this story has given me more insight into how my mum and dad must have felt at the time. Her honesty is courageous and I don't think we should shy away from those emotions no matter how painful. my thoughts are with Conner's family. xx
Post a Comment