Monday, 14 June 2010

Two Piece Nightmare

It dawned on me the other day that Pete and I are going on holiday in less than a month! Wahoo! However this meant I am abit late in asking for a flight test, the nurse wasn't too impressed when I told her on Friday. She said she would get me booked in though before the holiday, phew!

I went bikini shopping yesterday, one of the most difficult shopping trips that exist for women, finding one you think your body looks ok in, is difficult enough! I think it is even more difficult for women with CF. People with CF have large chests, I don't mean big boobs! I mean the whole chest area is big, the rib cage and the width of the back. I have no idea why, I assume it's because our posture is poor as we tend to hunch from our breathing difficulties and our lungs are sore and infected so take up more room? Anyway, I have to wear bras that are 36's and even then I have to wear it on the loosest setting and sometimes wish I had a 38 on. People who are usually a size 8-10 in clothes would have a 30-34 size bra on so you can see there is a difference. It can be a pain with clothes as dresses etc are always tight around the chest area but fit everywhere else. Everyone who knows me now is going to look at me and realise I am a freak! Argh!!

Anyway this means I cannot wear bikinis that fasten with a clasp at the back. If you get a bigger size then the bust size is bigger. I've had bikinis with clasps at the back in the past, they dig into me, I feel like I can't breathe and I feel restricted and I end up not wearing them. So this leaves stringy bikinis, already limiting your options. Then if you are like me, you hate bikini knickers that have stupid stringy fastenings at the side, then come undone, then make the knickers baggy and they dig into you. Pete says I am too fussy, well I'm sorry but when I am warm, sweating and covered in suncream, I at least want my swimwear to be comfortable! I will be wearing this outfit the most out of everything I take on my holiday, so surely it should be the most thought out?! Plus bikinis are not cheap! We are talking £20+ for the tiniest bit of material!

Therefore my criteria so far is stringy top, not stringy bottoms. Then due to my paleness there is the colour to consider.... Nothing pale or wishy washy, nothing too dark, a nice deep colour is preferable. Can you see now how difficult the task of picking a bikini is?!

We spent over an hour looking for one and I didn't get one. The shopping centre shut and I left with nothing, but somehow Pete left with three shirts and a tie! However I did spot one in Warehouse I think is the one, I just didn't get chance to try it on. I'm going to go back today and try it on, wish me luck!

3 comments:

Gem said...

Eugh I hate Bikini shopping. I'm ridiculously fussy!! Gap has a good selection of stringy tops and White Stuff has some really nice ones too. You could also try Animal and places?! Hope you're successful! :D Xx

Tori said...

Holiday again you only just went on your honeymoon!! Where you going? Xx

Ruth Jay said...

hate bikini shopping...infact, I haven't worn a bikini in 5 years I hate them that much lol xx