Sunday, 6 June 2010

Ouchie

On Thursday my brother and I took the dogs for a walk, it was so warm! We considered throwing the dogs in the lake to cool them down but decided that would be nasty, since they both hate water. Loads of people were in the lake though, braver than me!

Here is my brother and the dogs in the car, note my car roof is down, my car is in it's element at the moment! Look at Alfie admiring my brother, I think it's love haha!


After the walk I developed a terrible headache, it eventually went with the help of two paracetamol and ibuprofen, just before I was due to meet my friends to go see the Sex and the City film. I really thought I was going to have to cancel. However like I say, it went just in time but meant I hadn't done my physio. The film was really good, I didn't like the first film as it was nothing like the series, however I think this film has gone back to its roots, not totally, however more than the first film which I hated. Towards the end of the film my headache started to return and by the time I got home I was in pain again, I tried to do my physio but only managed half then went to bed.

Friday morning my headache had thankfully gone, I went to the hospital to have my needle put back in and start on colomycin. Then in the afternoon I did some gardening, I pulled up some weeds and planted some seeds, not sure if they will do anything but here is hoping! I then got another banging headache! It went after about 2 hours and another dose of pain killers, thankfully!

So far I feel OK on the colomycin, colomycin always makes my face feel funny, like my muscles are all relaxed. You know when you go to the dentist and they numb one side of your face? My face feels abit like that! It's also affecting my coordination which was interesting yesterday when I was at the shop cutting hair, lets says I had to concentrate alot! I'm making sure I drink loads of the energy drinks and I had a re hydration sachet yesterday. So, so far so good. I am going back to hospital on Monday to start on the ceftaz. I feel like I live there at the moment!!

This morning I woke up with the worst pain in my chest I ever remembering having. It was in my left side and when I breathed in it felt like I was getting stabbed just under my boob. The deeper breath I took, the more the pain spread. I tried laying on my back and it was hurting so much I started to cry, I didn't want to breathe but obviously a person has to breathe! I sat up and Pete got me some co-codamol and then I needed to cough but I didn't want to because I knew I would need to take a deep breath! Anyway I didn't have a choice and once I started I couldn't stop, my god it was painful! But afterwards the pain felt alot better, it's still there but hardly hurts now. Must have been some mucus that needed moving! Ouchies!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Ah colomycin and cutting hair... nice combo! I would have failed royally at that!
Hope your headaches stay away Xx

Katie said...

Not sure if this is linked but I think that your chest pain could be related to the virus you have. I've also experienced the same thing this week and the last time I had the rhino virus. It's very strange because its so intense then it's gone a few days later. Anyway - I hope you're IVs go a bit better this time. x

Unknown said...

Meg IS the queen of Colomycin co-ordination fails :-D But yeah cutting hair and that...bad combo ! The numb thing, i get that over 100% of my body on colo ! Tongue, hands, skin in general, i just go completely numb...its a mini nightmare lol !

Rick said...

Is it a mini?

Me said...

Hey Rick yes it's a mini x

Jac said...

i have had really bad headaches last few days and think its the weather here - really oppressive and the pressure changes make my sinuses worse! Colomycin makes me clumsy too :-)
Hope it does the trick!

Rick said...

I use to have a mini and loved it.. must be nice to have a convertable one in this weather.

Gemma's mum said...

Can u email me the pic pls, the dogs look great, oh and George x