Thursday, 23 October 2008

Sad news

Toria sadly lost her battle last night and passed away peacefully. She was 23 and has left her baby Edward and Partner Luke behind. If you read her blog which I have listed in my other blogs, you will see that she was such a strong and positive person and this was totally unexpected when she went into hospital. I am devastated, I was only getting to know her and now she has gone and I never will. Even though I didn't know her that well, this has upset me alot.

Obviously deaths of other people with cf make me think about my own and over the past few days I have been trying to keep myself busy as I had a feeling Toria was not going to make it and didn't really want to think about it. I'm not scared of the actual death myself as I know you are given lots of pain relief, sedated etc, it's the fact that I don't want to go early but on the other hand I don't want to not live my life to the full to try and gain an extra few years.

It's so unfair, I think people with cf must be so brilliant that God wants them to be by his side too soon and takes them away too early. When things happen like this you have to believe in God or that there is something else after death because if not, you feel totally hopeless and not comforted atall.

I feel like people with cf are tested constantly, but we can only be strong for so long. We are not just put on this planet to just be an inspiration to others, yes Toria was strong and she fought hard and lived her life to the full and she was a person to admire, but she has now lost her battle.

Toria god bless you and I hope you are now with the angels where you can watch Edward grow up xxx

4 comments:

Jo said...

It's so sad hun and i realy wish you had got to know toria better as she was such a lovely and funny lady always willing to have a good old bitch about how rubbish Cf is lol She will be watching over us all and edward luke and her family. xxx

Woody said...

I think I know how you feel Gemma, I couldn't stop blubbing at work yesterday. I didn't know her except through her blog which was funny and really gave me a sense of how much she loved life and her two guys. I don't know if there is a god but I do believe that people have souls and that one day they will reunite and that gives me some comfort.

Anonymous said...

r.i.p toria i didnt no her but she sounded a lovely person xxxx

sophie jayne said...

Hello Gemma : )
I know this is a really old post but i was reading through all of your posts and this one made me cry.
It made me think with what you said, how CF arent here to be an insperation to others and that there must be another place for us afterwards.
And well i just wanted to say thankyou because i've avoided this subject but you've made me open my eyes. I'm no longer afraid to think of this no-more.
So thankyou Gemma and godbless Toria.