Well I received a nice letter this morning informing me I needed to call the doctor as my flight test was borderline. My oxygen level in the blood sample fell from 9.5 to 7.1, a value of less than 6.6 means you definitely need oxygen and between 6.6 and 7.4 means borderline. He said it would depend on if my flight was long haul or short haul to whether I would need oxygen.
Since I am going to Thailand I wasn't holding much hope!
So it turns out the lady lied at the flight test, she said I'd be fine. Peh!
I have contacted Emirates and oxygen is free (I checked this before we booked just incase), they have sent me a form to fill in which I have to send back a month before we fly. The form looks abit complicated! There is a part the doctor has to fill in so I'll take it to outpatients next week.
I guess there are positives and negatives to needing oxygen:
+We will get to sit at the front so have extra legroon
+I will get my own air supply so less likely to breathe in any bugs etc in the air
+I will feel more refreshed and less tired at the end of the flight
+The air attendants might be extra nice to me
-I wont exactly look sexy at the start of our honeymoon
-I have never needed oxygen before in my whole life so have no idea how anything works
-Its an extra worry when checking in etc
I have felt abit groggy these past few days. On Tuesday morning I felt randomly sick and thought I might pass out, I laid down for half and hour and it went away. How random!
Then yesterday I developed a headache which seems to have carried on into today, not very impressed!
The physio three times a day hasn't really worked out, my sputum also seemed to get better so I didn't bother trying to pursue it. However it now seems to be all thick again, oh joy!
The front tyres on my car seem to be going bald so I took the car to Kwik Fit yesterday, they have ordered me in some new ones and are going to call me when they get them in. On motability you get 2 free tyre replacements and you have to take the car to Kwik Fit to get them replaced. I always get nervous going as I think they are going to think I'm an idiot, but i think I sounded like I knew what I was talking about yesterday. The guy seemed to take me seriously anyway!
Thursday, 18 June 2009
Flight Test part 2
Labels:
flight test,
headache,
honeymoon,
mini,
motability,
oxygen,
physio,
wedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Gemma - I think you've made the right decision about having the oxygen. might as well have it with it being free! I'm sure you'll feel the benefit once you get to Thailand.
Oxygen suunds good to me, and why not!!! Physio 3x aday sounds exhausting think u should onlydo it occasionally when needed, but who am I to dictate?! Xxx
Dont worry bout O2, its pretty simple !
Ur headaches and dizzyness...Could they possibly be low SATS? Worse in the morning ?
Ur mums right actually, 3 times a day Physio seems alot unless ur rly ill...Why not make it 1 or 2 a day, and use PEP, FLUTTER or ACAPELLA once a day?
dont think its low sats, its just all day lol. Have a sneaky suspicion it might be because just got some new contact lenses! Also stress!!
With regards to physio just gone back to doing acapella twice a day, sometimes with percussion like I was doing before. Hope you're ok Kiz xx
Post a Comment