Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Jewellery Galore!

Yesterday I designed the table names for the wedding, lets just say they have a Tudor theme, come on people what else could they have been?!

Anyway during my research (I have to get it right!) I found a blog about Anne Boleyn. Well you can imagine how excited I was! You can imagine how much more excited I was when there was a link to get necklaces like the one Anne Boleyn wore but with the choice of having your own initial. Wahoo! I emailed the lady about delivery to the UK and I couldn't sleep last night for the excitement, I actually dreamt about me wearing this necklace!
I know at this point you are all thinking I am some kind of freak, and I admit that my obsession also frightens me. However we all have our little weird obsessions, this is mine. I confess and yes I know it is weird and unexplainable!!
Anyway she can deliver it to me so I have ordered it, I am so excited! I hope it is a good as it looks in the picture! There are some other really nice pieces of jewellery copied off Anne off the Tudors series. If this necklace is good I might order another! Funds permitting of course!

Talking about jewellery, I am wearing my Nana's old pearls for my wedding. the jewellers called me today and they have restrung them, cleaned the pearls and the clasp and made them the right size to fit me. My Nana is also buying me some pearl earrings to match, she is a very nice Nana! I'll chose those when I collect the necklace. I am going to look so gorgeous on my wedding day with my pearls everywhere! (there are also pearls on my dress and veil). I was discussing my wedding with my mate today and he laughed at me when I said my wedding was going to be brilliant because I will be the centre of attention all day, well it's true!! I'm so vain haha :o)

6 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

I'm also so excited 4 you, carnt wait to see the necklaces, your not a freak just a very happy excited bride to be, enjoy xxx

The Anne Boleyn Files said...

If you're a freak, Gemma, then I'm a freak too! Thank you for mentioning The Anne Boleyn Files in your blog post, Daniela will be dispatching your necklace tomorrow and I'm sure you'll love it.
Your wedding sounds exciting, is it completely Tudor themed? What date is it?
Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderfully special day.
Claire x

Me said...

Hi Claire
It's good to know there are other freaks like me ;o)
My wedding is on the 11th September, it is not Tudor themed unfortunatley, I don't think my boyfriend would have gone with that! However I am trying to make it quite vintage, lace, pearls etc rather than sparkley!
Can't wait to recieve my necklace!

George said...

Gemma i dont like ur new background! makes it harder to read

Me said...

yeah, I need to mess around with it when I get time to get it right, just a task I can't be bothered with lol

Anonymous said...

i wish i had a nana like yours