Friday, 24 July 2009

Port is Looking Good!

I had my half way visit today which meant port needle change. This meant I could have a good look at my port. You will never believe it but it looks bloomin marvelous! There was one tiny lump and abit of redness from pulling the dressing off, but there was no weeping, yes no weeping or ugly lumps or anything! Wahoo! So fingers crossed it has done the trick and my arm will lovely next week when I finish my IVs. I'm so glad it seems to have worked, I really was at my wits end!

I told the nurse the pain in my side is not shifting, she said if it gets more painful or constant then to let them know and they will xray it. I also told her how rubbish I was feeling and I'd just basically been asleep for a week. There is not much she can do though, I need the drugs to feel better in the long run and since I am allergic to quite a few I have limited choices. My sats were 95% again which seems abit low but the nurse didn't seem concerned so neither am I!

Ive not done anything this week apart from scrounge food off my parents and travel to Liverpool with my brother as he needs his passport for Petes stag do and didn't send it off in time because he is an idiot! So he somehow persuaded me to travel to Liverpool with him on the day I most unfortunately woke with a terrible headache that did not budge all day. I was wearing sunglasses when it was raining because the light was hurting my head, I looked so cool though :o)

People keep asking me if I want to do stuff with them because they are off work sick, there are two things wrong with this. First if you are ill shouldn't you be at home resting and second, should I, Gemma who has cf and is currently on IVs be spending time with ill people? I think not. I haven't felt well enough to do anything anyway. I thought the side effects of my IVs would wear off but a week later and I still feel rubbish!

So thats all I have to say for now, so bye!

7 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

Great news about your port site :-) but sorry to hear your not feeling any better :-( when you are unwell I think you should scrounge as much food as possible, infact people should offer dinner to u both !!! Ur welcome anytime to join us for dinner xxxx

Tori said...

Thats good news about your port!! I feel like crap too so your not alone in that xx

Anonymous said...

Yippeeeeeee, lovely arms on your hen night! :-)
Hope you feel better SOON, but remember mero is evil stuff!!!

Jax xx

Jess said...

Hey, its hard for friends to understand how difficult it is for us to fight infections when we get them. I have a hard enough time going to appointments, just thinking of all the sick people I may come into contact with! Hope your dressing keeps doing you wonders!

Lizzie Swims said...

Glad to here the dressing badness seems to have resolved :-)
xxx

Jac said...

Hope you perk up as sound as the IV's stop - they really can make you feel so awful!! when is your wedding date again?

Me said...

wedding is 11th Sep Jac. Yes IVs are evil lol! They seem to get worser each time!