Thursday, 22 April 2010

New Address!

Thought I'd do a blog whilst watching the live leaders debate, quite enjoying these debates, I am actually learning what the parties policies are for a change. No idea who I am going to vote for though, not too keen on Nick Clegg, think he is abit cocky and is all talk!

So we are all moved in to our new home and I finally have the internet after not having it for 8 days, the fiasco with BT did end up with me losing internet connection in the end, talk about speaking too soon!

The past week has been hectic, stressful and tiring. Surprisingly I still feel really well, I don't know how I would have gotten through the past week if I hadn't.

We got quite alot of stuff packed up before we got the keys on Friday, infact one side of our living room was full of boxes and the flat still looked full and nothing missing! We got the keys Friday afternoon and started painting the bedroom straight away. I must point out here that Pete and I have never decorated before and we didn't have much of a clue, infact we stood in Homebase for abit before we even knew what to buy! Anyway we got started and it seemed to turn out ok. The room was originally baby blue and we have painted it lilac and a very pale yellow, almost cream colour. We then painted all the skirting boards and wardrobes with white gloss. The paint didn't seem to affect my chest very much, we kept the room well ventilated, however Pete's chest seems to have suffered quite bad, it could be from dust though when moving furniture. He has developed a terrible cough, he says its a pain coughing all the time and not being able to breathe properly, yeah I know that feeling... I must admit, his coughing is annoying me, how is that even possible?! I've am even letting him use my salbutamol inhaler as he has been wheezing, bless.

We finished on Sunday and then moving day was Monday. When we got home on Sunday Pete packed the rest of our stuff, I was told to stay out of the way and prepare myself for tomorrow, well I didn't need telling twice!

Monday was all day moving and unpacking stuff. My mum, Nana, her husband and brother helped out, and my cousin owns a removal company (how handy!) so he helped us with the big stuff. Our sofa wouldn't fit through the lounge door so we had to take the window out and pass it through there!

It's now Thursday and we are pretty much settled in, just need to get some plumbing work done so we can have a dishwasher as well as a washing machine. Alfie is still abit unsettled, infact I still don't feel like it's 'ours' yet but I'm sure I will in a few days. I'll try take some pictures tomorrow to post on here.

I've tried to be complaint with my treatment and I have been, apart from one tobi nebuliser I missed and that was because I forgot to do it, not because I skipped it on purpose, I was just so busy I forgot! I even did my physio on Tuesday night at 10.30pm after a meal out with Pete's parents, I admit it's bloody hard work trying to fit it in when so busy and tired, but I think I've done well.

8 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

Glad ur back on line darling, missed ur blogs cause u keep me updated on what we have actually done. I'm so pleased uv stayed well throughout all the moving etc xxx mummy

Lauren said...

glad youre starting to settle in, im sure it will feel nice and homey before you know it!

also i get so annoyed when my sister gets a cough or cold, and incredibly guilty after for getting annoyed for the obvious reason of that she has to put up with it from me 24/7!

xx

Gem said...

Glad you're settling in ok! Really glad you've stayed well throughout the move! Xx

Rick said...

Glad there was a reason for you not blogging I thought you had forgotten us all.

Jac said...

congrats on the new home :-)

In reference to previous blog about sinus rinse. Once you have run out of sachets the ENT told me just to make own solution. Add about 1/2 tsp salt to full neilmed bottle (8oz). It makes a 0.9% solution. I make up larger amounts in jug as do several washes a day. You can also add some bicarbonate if it's stingy - just a pinch, as ratio is 1 tsp bicarb to 3 tsps salt. You can use any salt but I use finely ground sea salt (just tesco one) as it is more pure than table salt. Hope you find it helps!

Sophie-Anne said...

Yay!!! Good news on the new house and that ur feeling well xx luvya x

Randolph Coleson said...

Moving into a new home really does take a lot of work, but it's quite exciting as well. Oh, and it is in this moment when we get to learn a lot of new things. In your case, it's decorating! At least, this is the time when you'll get to design your house according to what you want.ra

Clorinda Altavilla said...

One of the first worries we had when we moved was setting up an internet connection too! Funny how this reveals our dependence on the internet. But the rush is also to make sure that we can upload pics of the new house!