Friday, 9 April 2010

Sinus Rinse

I received the sinus rinse in the post yesterday and both Pete and I have had a go with it. So far we both think it is quite good! You fill it up with boiled water (obviously you let it cool down first!) and mix it with a sachet of the saline granules (you get 60 sachets in the pack and then can buy them on their own).

Then you gently squirt it up one nostril until half of the solution has been used (120ml per nostril). As you squirt it up, you continue to breathe through your mouth and then the solution starts the come out of your other nostril and even your mouth. With the solution comes out snot and anything else you have stored up there, it's ace! You give your nose a blow and then do the other nostril.

I haven't woken up with a headache this morning and my nose does feel clearer, Pete said the same. If once a day isn't enough, it can be done twice a day too.

Obviously we need to use it longer to see if it helps long term, but so far so good!

Click here for a link to the product

4 comments:

Ruth Jay said...

that sounds great! how strong is the saline? I've been getting blood coming down while using the hypertonic saline with a neb so kinda not too keen on using it as the 6%, thinking about diluting it but don't wanna make it too weak as the 0.9% didn't do anything.

Hope it keeps working well for you and Pete :) x

Me said...

Hey Ruth
I couldn't find the exact % in the booklet. In the booklet it says that each sinus rinse sachet contains a preservative free mixture of sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate that is pH balanced and 99.9% pure. The mixture will not cause any stinging or burning in the nasal passages (which is true).

You can also buy hypertonic sachets which make a higher concentration, the ones I have make an isotonic solution. Not sure of the difference except hypertonic is stronger I guess! Hope thats helps xx

Gemma's mum said...

well I hope it does the trick for both of you, bet u had a few laughs whilst doing it!!!!!

xxx

Gemma's mum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.