Hum, I do not think I have been upto much this week of interest since I last blogged.
Alfie I went for a nice walk on Friday, there were teeny tiny ducklings walking around with their mummy and I was scared Alfie might go after them but he didn't, such a good boy!
We watched the election on Thursday night until about 11.30pm then decided we'd had enough, I'm glad we didn't stay up, as there was no winner so I imagine it was pretty boring. In our area we had our local and general elections, I registered for postal votes for both. However Pete registered to do the local election by post and the general at a polling station. He took his polling card and when he arrived was told he could not vote there even though he had a card as he was registered for postal vote! He rang me up quite dismayed as we have both been taking this election stuff quite seriously and to no be able to vote makes the last month of decision making pointless! Also there is the whole issue of his right to vote etc etc.
I called the electoral office and explained what had happened, she looked it up and said he was indeed allowed to vote at the polling station. Someone called me back and said they had gotten the local and general election mixed up and were really sorry. Pete went back down and they said they were 'profoundly sorry', think he was quite surprised at how sorry they were! So he did get to vote in the end, good old wifey sorting things out for him! Compared to the problems in Sheffield though, where people queued for 2 hours and then were not allowed to vote, ours was small in comparison. What a shambles that was!
I've run out of Tobi again! Whats wrong with me! I am slightly annoyed, I took the prescription in to the chemist on Wednesday and went in on Thursday to pick things up. She told me she had ordered the tobi 'today', I took the prescription in yesterday so why is it only been ordered today?! Grr!! I went in on Saturday and it still hadn't come in, so now I have to hope it has come in by Monday. Also annoyed because I asked the prescriptions clerk at the GPs for some vitamin K and she has forgotten to put it on, so now I have to ask for it again! Argh!!! For those of you that asked why my chemist can't sort my prescriptions... Its because my GP is not local so they do not provide that service with my GP's. The closest chemist that does is the one that is next to the GP's so I don't see the point. I'm at my wits end to be honest, the GP's write some of my medications for 2 months and some for 1 month, some they forget to put them on atall! Then the chemist has to order loads of stuff directly now which takes longer and last time, they had run out of chocolate skandishakes so just decided to give me different flavours! I had words when I went in on Wednesday. But the whole point of this rant is it so bloody difficult and as a result very hard for me to be compliant with my medication!!! I don't really want to move chemists though, they are really good at lending me medications if I run out and they know me really well, plus it's now within walking distance since we moved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I'm having trouble with the new Scandishake flavours - I now have 6 boxes of banana flavoured Caramel Scandishake - yuck, I can't get used to them!!! The hospital is sending me out some Calshakes to try :-(
Glad you did your wee wifey sorting out and Pete got to vote. xx
Another fine example of how not to run an election. I think I'd have just given up, but good on you.
well done Gemma on the voting thing, like mother like daughter, need I say more.
As for the prescription thing, it is so fustrating, it used to drive me mad also, keep ya chin up, u just have to work the system!!!!
XXXXX
Post a Comment