Friday, 28 May 2010

Urgh!

Well these IV's have hit me like a ton of bricks really! I feel bad talking about this as I know my friend Tori has being in alot of pain after her transplant and my problems in comparison seem minor, however it doesn't change the fact my IV's have being evil to me this time around. Anyway this post is not me moaning, I know I will feel better in a few days so I can deal with it, this post is more of an informative post on what it's like on the evil IV's!

Yesterday I woke up to my IV's at 6am and had the most horrendous headache ever. I managed to hobble to the kitchen to take some ibuprofen, then realised I am not supposed to take these when on colomycin, but I didn't actually care! I then attached my ceftaz and crawled back into bed, I had to take my ear plugs out as I could just hear the throbbing of my headache. This then meant I had to listen to Pete breathing like a 40 a day smoker, he is the most noisiest sleeper ever, hence the ear plugs. I just laid there wanting to die because my head hurt so much and I wanted to punch Pete but I decided he was getting up in an hour or so, so I should be nice and let him sleep. 45 minutes later I crawled out of bed again and swapped my ceftaz for colomycin and took two paracetamol as my head was no better. I crawled into bed, praying for Pete to get up soon and he did eventually and I flushed my colomycin off after about 25 minutes (these IV's take forever to go through!). I then fell back to sleep and woke up at 10.30, my head was abit better but I just lay there not daring to move my head incase it came back.

I basically lounged around until about 2pm when I decided to actually get a wash and get dressed, I just feel crap which is annoying because I felt OKish before! Why, whats wrong people ask me? How exactly does it make you feel crap? Well I shall try my best to describe.... first, there is a constant heaviness in my head, imagine your head is full of heavy weights, it doesn't exactly give you headache but it's there knocking around, blocking your thoughts and pushing on the sides of your head, like your head needs to explode.

Then imagine you are constantly in water and trying to move around in it, that's how my body feels, moving seems such hard work and my muscles feel kind of achey, my balance is also quite bad so I keep dropping stuff and really having to focus on what I am doing.

Then imagine your lips are really dry and feel bigger than normal and you have a funny taste in your mouth, like when you are hungover, that furry feeling on your tongue. Also imagine that you have loads of mucus stuck in your throat and it's bubbling in your chest and it mixes with the furry taste in your mouth to just make you not want to eat anything. If you do eat something it just loosens up the mucus and then makes you cough which makes your head get a sharp pain because you have moved the weights in your head.

On top of all this, the ceftaz is making your sweat and wee smell of cat wee. So you feel pretty gross and dirty but can't even be bothered to do anything about it.

That's about how I felt yesterday! I do feel abit better today, so I imagine by Sunday or something I will feel alot better. However yesterday this did not make me feel better! I did manage to wash the bedding, have a bath and do some ironing as well as physio etc. I made Pete get us Dominos pizza for tea, we have no food in whatsoever and I wasn't feeling creative enough to try create something from the depths of our freezer.

On another note, my hair is just horrible at the moment, it needs cutting and my roots are really dark so I don't exactly feel my most attractive. My hair just won't do as its told, its all dry and icky. Seriously need to get it done next week to lift my spirits!

1 comment:

Tori said...

Gemma dude don't feel bad about not feeling well, your pain is your own and as bad as mine is for me. I know how killer those headaches are I used to walk around with them all day and the groggy IV feeling is the worst. At least witt the pain I'm feeling it's with a clear head.

Feel better soon my lovely xx