After many chats about our experience last week and the realisation we can't grow money on trees (I can't even grow proper plants so a money tree is not going to happen!) we have decided we are going to go ahead with straight surrogacy.
Straight/traditional surrogacy is where the surrogate uses her own egg fertilised with the intended father's sperm, this is done by artificial insemination using a syringe. This means the baby would not be biologically related to me.
There are many reasons we have decided this, it's not just because of the bad experience last Tuesday, I've have dickhead doctors before, yes they are a pain and I have already called and tried to be transferred to another doctor, no-one has called me back yet. It's what I expected to be honest, if we were still going ahead with the host surrogacy I would ask my CF team to refer me this time and just start from scratch again. So it's not because of that.
I've gone through the reasons in more detail on my other blog, but here they are
No IVF Clinics, needles, drugs etc. I think I have enough medical treatments and procedures to deal with!
The cost is alot lower because of the above
The success rate is greater and it may take less time, less emotional stress?
Genetics is not that important to me
I can go back on the pill and hopefully not have as much problems with my weight anymore
So we have started the necessary tests etc to start this process. We are also attending a surrogacy social event in July which I am really looking forward to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment