Sunday, 16 May 2010

Rollarcoaster Week

What a rollarcoaster of a week!

Pete and I have been making some important decisions regarding the surrogacy and I will discuss it on my blog in due time. However I have other things that I feel are more important today.

Firstly, on Friday another CF friend was devastatingly taken from us. Nicola was not on the transplant list but was having a terrible time and had become very ill over the past year or so. I don't really know why, it was very complicated and she didn't talk about it all the time, infact the news of her death was a great shock and even though I didn't know her that well I shed a tear for her. Because it was unexpected (to me anyway) and hit me with a big dose of reality, people with CF can go downhill quicker than you think and it take lives, it doesn't care how lovely, caring and beautiful that person was. It kills them, one minute they are here and you think they will hang in there, they have to - the next minute a family member informs you they are gone. You wish you had realised they were that ill, but then you realise it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference and abit of normality is probably what they needed to try to keep fighting and feel like they were living and not dying.

Beautiful Nicola - 1983-2010

This sad news has been followed by extremely great news, although to be honest I am very worried at the moment! My favourite girl and best friend Victoria received her 'call' last night and is in theatre as I type getting new lungs! I will be thinking (and worrying) about her day and night until I know she is recovered and on with her new life, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Please also spare a thought for the donor and their family (transplant is always a good news, bad news situation), without their kindness in such a difficult time, Victoria would not be getting this second chance at life.

Victoria doing what she does best ;o)

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yayay I'm so happy for this! Go Tori! I think your FB message is what started it all!

Ruth Jay said...

I agree totally with the reality of CF and about Nicola. I didn't know her very well either, but I was seriously shocked to hear the news and cried too...absolutely devestating, I knew she was ill, but had no idea just how ill.

And to Tori, I'm trying to shake the niggles and just be happy for her, which I am, but there's always a worry!

Rollercoaster week indeed.

Hope you're well chick! xx