Monday, 24 May 2010

Incy Wincy Spider

Well what a lovely weekend we have had! People always ask me if the warm weather affects my chest, in short the answer is no. I think the humidity is the factor that affects it, but to be honest unless I am forced to do some exercise, it doesn't seem to bother me. I can't comment on whats happening inside as when I went to Thailand my chest felt great, but I was coughing up blood at times, so that doesn't make sense!
What the heat does do is make me tired, I think it probably makes everyone tired. I can't compare my rate of tiredness to another persons, so I have no idea if I get more tired, its not a competition anyway.

What is annoying when I get warm, is the salt factor. People with CF have more salt in their sweat, it can dry as crystals, which is real fun around your hairline. Also it makes your hands taste all salty, although to be honest I don't think my salt factor has ever being that bad compared to others with CF. Anyway it can be annoying, it makes you feel dirty and well ...salty! We have to take tablets to replace the lost salt when its warm, otherwise we can feel lightheaded and get cramps, I find if it's been a warm day and I haven't taken any salt tablets, my legs ache that night and it feels like they need a really good stretch. I learnt this could be related to loss of salt by a post on the CF forum, amazing the things you can find out on there.

On Sunday we went to collect a sofa we had won on ebay for £67, what a bargain! It's to go in the kitchen, my dad was going to give us his sofa but it was far too big and we couldn't really afford a new sofa, so ebay was the answer!

The sofa was in Sheffield which is about a 30-40 minute drive away from us. My brother has a van for work and agreed to help us out, although he was hungover so Pete had to drive there which was an experience for him. This is how much Pete knows about vans, he asked me if it would have air conditioning... (erm no).

The house we went to was abit random. The door bell was at the side of the gate so I rang it and waited. I was just about to assume it wasn't working, when a big sheet of metal which I had assumed was an ugly fence, started rolling up to let us in. Wonder why they need so much security....?!



I gave the sofa a good clean when we got back and then I went around spraying all the weeds with weed killer. I spent an hour on Friday digging up massive weeds, it was like 10% of all the weeds in our garden. So a long way to go yet! Pete washed the car, we have an outside tap now so who knows, it might become a regular thing, I won't hold my breath though haha!!

I got attacked by a massive spider today. I was sorting out the washing and it literally jumped at me, which resulted in me screaming very loud and then trying to get away from it to get a glass whilst having a coughing fit. I put the glass on it then danced around for a while to calm my nerves before putting some card under and releasing it back into the garden. Stay away Mr Spider because next time you might not be so lucky, I may get the help of my friend Mr Dyson!

We have booked our train tickets for when we go to London in August and we have also booked tickets to go look around the Houses of Parliament. So excited! Can't wait for our trip!

That's about it folks, the excitement that is my life! Just got IV's to look forward to now, wayhay!

6 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

Sofa is lovely, is it blue???? hope the spider dosn't come back to haunt you, u were very brave with the glass, the dyson would have been my first port of call x

Me said...

its cream mother, are you colour blind or something? haha!

Rick said...

Nope, definitely blue that sofa :o)

Ruth Jay said...

the sofa is lovely, very cute :)

I never knew that aching legs could be a sign of lost salt...kinda makes sense though, happens quite a lot to me when it's hot. I've never been given salt tablets before, even when going abroad. I will be asking about this tomorrow!

your trip sounds fun :) x

Jac said...

love the sofa - very classy :-) x

Anonymous said...

Definitely cream