Friday, 11 June 2010

Clicky

I have a clicky needle! Today I had a check up at the hospital and was going to get my needle changed however stupid me forgot to take all my special dressings etc which meant I couldn't get it changed! So the nurse just changed the smartsite bung (the bung at the end of the line) and I changed the dressing when I got home, however the needle is still clicking!! My arm is looking great though, no mankyness atall! Yeay!



Apparently letting my IV's go through whilst driving to the hospital was not a good idea, something to do with if I have a reaction whilst driving. There was no other way to fit them in since my appointment was at 2pm! I am doing my IV's at 6am so they finish at 7.30am, then leaving the minimum 6 hours and doing the next dose at 1.30pm so they finish at 3pm. Then doing the final dose 6 hours later at 9pm so finishing at 10.30pm. So how else could I fit them in unless I let them run through whilst driving to the hospital?!

4 comments:

Gemma's mum said...

Unless ur a owl! No other way! They r supposed to be the experts!! Clearly not xxx

Lauren said...

i sometimes get clicky ones too! the noise freaks me out even though i know its harmless o.O

woohoo for no mankyness :)

Tori said...

Ha ha mine used to do that all the time!! I quite miss my port! x

Jac said...

LOL, the clicking can be rather embarrassing. I had to do an examination of someone's joints in my medical finals and every time I moved the guy's limbs my port cracked! I eventually had to explain that it was me making the noises and not the patients joints lol.