I went for a port flush yesterday and mentioned to the nurse I was feeling abit under the weather so asked if I could have some Ciprofloxcin. This is an oral antibiotic I sometimes take if I feel abit rubbish but am not ready for iv's yet, it usually doesn't work but I'm willing to give it another try! She said she would get me a prescription but if I got worse to let them know and I could go on some iv's (erm no thanks not over Christmas thank you!).
Anyway turns out I can't have Cipro as I'm on voriconazole, so she has given me a prescription for Amoxicillin. What!? I instantly thought this sounds like some piffy drug that 'normal' people take! The feedback on the cf forum has supported this and I also looked it up on the Internet and apparently psuedomonas is resistant to it, so what is the point of it may I ask? I have noticed they have prescribed me double the amount recommended in the leaflet though so I've just called them to check this and they are going to call me back. The chemist has only given me a weeks supply if that's the case. A week?! Whats that going to do?! Jeez I might as well eat some sweets, they will probably work just as well!
Anyway I am going to take it and if I still feel rubbish in a week I will call them back, they will love me if I do that....I can't plan these things! This is just typical that this is happening close to Christmas, I knew it would! I have clinic on the 5th Jan so hopefully I'll be OK until then and then I can see how my lung function is. It's only like 3-4 weeks, I can do it!!
My symptoms of feeling rubbish are, the tiredness I have already mentioned although this is going abit, I'm very productive and had abit of blood in my sputum yesterday which is unusual for me and I am getting breathless more easily, clearly demonstrated when I went swimming on Wednesday. I'm still functioning though so i can't be that bad, we'll see how it goes
Friday, 12 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Im feeling exactly the same as you at the mo. I knew I'd feel rubbish at christmas time.
It always seems to happen at the worst times :( I'll probably get IVs on Monday when Im at clinic...hopefully HOME IVs! Orals dont really work for me either.
Hope the Amoxicillin suprises you and makes you at least a little better :)
Orals don't seem to work for anyone do they!!!
I was given a higher dose of Levo recently so maybe they've pumped the dose up to see if it helps you. Why has the chemist only given you a weeks supply? Is that what they wrote on the prescription?
Oh sucks your feeling a bit iffy gemma!
hope you start to feel better though and that the christmas spirit helps you through hehe!...
Post a Comment