Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Bad Girl

There are two things that I am getting really bad at which I am not very happy about.

First I am getting really bad at been ready on time, I'm talking about 10-15 minutes, nothing too bad, but thats not the point. I always used to be on time I don't know what is happening! I guess since I don't work alot anymore I don't have the pressure so have got out of habit. Also doing my physio on a morning (which I have only been doing since the end of last year) including my tobi neb means I always underestimate how long it takes me to get ready! It varies how long it takes me to do my physio on a morning as it depends how breathless I feel and how much I'm coughing up etc so it's difficult to plan. It can take between 20-40 minutes and thats before doing the neb which again can depend on how long I can breathe in for at a time on that particular day. Sometimes when I have to get up early I'm tired after doing my physio and feel like I need a rest, it can be hard work! I'm trying to improve on the been ready on time thing, I swear!

The second thing is my spelling and writing in general. I am getting lazy because I know my computer can correct it for me. Since I finished University I hardly ever write on paper anymore and when I do it's nothing challenging such as writing a to-do list or writing a cheque! Therefore I feel like I am losing my writing flair (if you can call it that) and my spelling it becoming atrocious (I had no idea how to spell that by the way!). I am also using abbreviations alot more and slang from going on the forums, facebook etc, I am not impressed with myself! I am constantly asking Pete how to spell things, I feel an idiot! Also I type so fast I put letters in the wrong order. I am going to try improve this but I'm not sure how. Pete suggested I start reading again as I used to read quite alot, if anyone has any suggestions of good books for me to read let me know as that is my problem, I do not know what to get when I go to the library. When I write my blogs I am also going to check them myself rather than do spell check so be ready for some bad spelling!

Here is a preview of my wig and stethoscope for on my hen night! I know what you're thinking, 'man she looks so cool...!' haha!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could read a dictionary - that would probably help with the spelling

Tori said...

I'm the same when it comes to my writing, I don't spell check though which is probably why my spelling and grammer are rubbish!! I always type the letters in words the wrong way round, I proof read but I always miss things!!

Me said...

oh haha Pete, you might be anonymous but I still know it's you! Shouldn't you be working...?

Woody said...

Heh Heh, you look like Stephanie from Lazy Town! (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry, you're not missing much ;-))

Jo said...

Lol let's just blame the cf for the typing thing i'm the same ;)

ooooo i likey the pink hair ooks like candy floss mmmmmmmm!

Kate said...

I'm in the middle of 'P.S. I Love You' its actually really good cause I heard the film was pants! What sort of books do you like? I'm a massive reader! I'm sure I coul recomend something.

Chantelle said...

Oh no P.S i love you - the film was soooo good and i cryed! mainly coz im in love with gerard butler lol i want to read the book now and see who diff it is from the film.

love the hair gemma! and dont worry about the spelling....your not anywhere near as bad as me! :D
x

George said...

Gemma i could send u my essays to spell check and proof read for me if you would like :P

could also write them for me..

Gemma's mum said...

How can you have that oppinion of yuorslef lol when u do your blog so well, have more confidence in your ever increasing abilities.


xxxxx

love the wig