I keep having a dream where I am back at my old school but I am not younger, I am 24! I have missed loads of my classes because I have been off sick and I have no idea what is going on in any of the classes or were I should be. I look at my timetable and I cannot understand and I am just stood in a corridor (the one outside the library on the way to the science rooms) with people quickly walking past me, ignoring me and I feel like crying. I then go to an English class where my old economics teacher is and he is shouting at me asking why I am even at School since I passed all my gcses and a-levels and have even been to university, I tell him I want to get higher grades in all my subjects especially in my a-level maths which is clearly going to be impossible since I have missed all the classes and I am way behind. However I continue walking around unsure of where I should be.
Then last night the dream lengthened, I went home to my mums house after school which is an old type terrace house with big bay windows and kind of black brick (this is nothing like my mums house) and my mum had brought all my barbie toys downstairs. There was a massive barbie house (I have nothing like this) and she told me that all the white, plastic doors in the house had been fixed by some guy (Eric rings a bell) and in my dream I was furious because I knew the doors had never been broken in the first place and this guy had broken them and fixed them again just to get into our house but my mum didn't believe me, she was drinking some tea and reading a paper, and didn't even look up when talking to me.
That's it, I've had the school dream about three times now in about a week and the barbie house thing just the once. Weird! I actually liked school so I don't like these bad dreams about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
who's Eric? LOL think you pay too much attention to your dreams, dont worry about them, your memories are much more important.
Some people would say they mean something, and usually its quite the opposite
xxx
oooh i have that dream sometimes too. I'm 25 and back in school, confused about my timetable and unsure where i'm supposed to be. My basic premise is i didnt do a subject at school that i was supposed to, so i now have to go back and do it.
Weird
I'm sure we could quite easily psyco-anaylse that one! hehe
xxxx
I have that dream, although usually it's at College/University: I've enrolled on a course and not attended any lectures, and I'm either about to enter the exam or I've got about a day to go before the exam and with 24 hours left to memorize a course ;-)
Don't know what Freud would make of it but I think it's a standard anxiety dream
yeah, i get the school dream quite a lot! It's usually coming up to exams but I have missed all the classes and totally panicking! I wonder what it means?!
Jac xx
Post a Comment