We took the dogs to a training course on Wednesday night, it last for 7 weeks, an hour a week. It's at this place called my pet stop and they also have kennels for your dog to stay in if you want to spoil them. You can pay for them to have tv's and go to doggie day camp where they all play in a big pen together, not that Alfie would like that very much!
There were two other dogs in the class and Murphy who may I add barked at the other dogs more than Alfie which makes a change! We did basic things like sitting, sitting and staying, standing up, that kind of thing but only in short attempts. The trainer said Chihuahuas are very intelligent and can figure out quickly if you are tricking them (we did an exercise where we pointed at random stuff on the floor to get their attention, Alfie got bored after about two goes) and they won't do anything if they don't get a treat, other dogs will do it to impress you, not a chihuahua. She also said it is likely he will never get on with other dogs which disappointed me, but we can teach him to not growl etc at them. We have some homework to do for next week, I have to make him sit and stay before I let him out, give him his tea that kind of thing. To be honest he can do alot of it already, we always make him sit before he gets his tea anyway.
Alfie also went to the vets on Thursday morning. He tried to pick a fight with a massive curly haired dog just as we were going into the room. Alfie now weights 2.10kg, he has put 10 grams on the little fattie!!! Everything seems fine, his cough has gone apart from when we went to the dog training he was coughing alot but I thought perhaps it was nerves. We have to give him the prednisolone every other day now to wean him off and see if his cough returns. If it does they may need to put a camera down his throat to try locate the problem.
Went swimming today and remembered whilst swimming I had arranged to go for my port flushing at 3pm so I had to cut my swimming session short and rush around to get there in time. I feel like I haven't had my port accessed for ages, it has been 6 weeks which I suppose is the longest in awhile. When I got there, there was another cf patient at the desk and no staff around. I am never sure what to do because I feel rude keeping my distance, I hardly ever come into contact with other cf patients, the hospital staff are usually very good at ensuring this, as soon as they did see me they ushered me into a room like usual!
Friday, 24 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I thought the training went well and the sit stand training is coming along well. Will look forward to Wednesday with our other treats xxx
Post a Comment