Hello it's only me!!
I am feeling so well at the moment and I'm afraid this means I am neglecting my blog and online friends abit. I have so much energy compared to normal so I seem to be doing more and I have also been reading the book Twilight, which if you have ever read then you will know it is obsessive and you simply cannot put the book down without feeling extremely miserable. I finished it today and shall be moving onto the next one (New Moon) tomorrow. I must admit, Stephenie Meyers has a way of making every girls heart melt and fall in love with Edward Cullen, I don't think anyone can read this book and deny they find themselves thinking about him the rest of the day and compare things to him. I have even found myself irritated at Pete at times because he doesn't live up to the perfect Edward. If you thought Edward was perfect in the film Twilight, try reading the book, I have even been dreaming about him, it's one hell of a crush! For anyone who has not read Twilight or seen the film, Edward it a vampire that falls in love with a seemingly quite boring, miserable girl. However Stephenie makes this 'dull' girl very interesting and beautiful, it's such a fantastic example of how beauty lies within and the brazen, loud girls are not always the ones that boys are intrigued in and want to chase. I also love the way that Stephenie makes pale complexions seem so attractive and pure. It has definitely made me rethink about my pale skin and I now feel quite proud to have 'porcelain' skin!
So yes, I am in love with a fictional character, don't laugh because if you read that book I think you will feel exactly the same (unless you are a man, I don't know about that....). Edward is the perfect gentlemen he wants to protect Bella, he listens to her. Some would argue it is quite anti feminist since he watches her in her sleep and follows her without her knowing, orders her what to do on occasions, rescues her and he is the ultimate bad boy but yet she loves him. Ladies you can't deny it, we all want to be swept off our feet and looked after by a drop dead gorgeous and strong man who is obsessed with us and notices no other woman, the way that he smells Bella and appreciates every small part of her is just skin tingling. Its so intense, obviously a relationship like this in the real world could never work and I sometimes have to remind myself that, but I can dream right?! Anyway enough of Edward Cullen.....
Other things I have been upto apart from drooling over a vampire that doesn't exist...
I did some gardening on Sunday, I planed some bulbs whilst Pete mowed the lawn. Some bulbs did not actually look like bulbs and I wasn't sure what to do with them. They were all stringy with no obvious top and bottom, so I put them in and hoped for the best! Pete then put some lawn feed on the lawn, we bought this thing you put on your back and pump it then it sprays the feed on the grass. Pete looked like a ghostbuster with this thing on his back, it was hilarious! I also went around attacking all the weeds with the weed killer, it is strangely satisfying killing the weeds, its like a gun and I imagine myself shooting them and saying 'take that you damn dandelion!'. They are now all going brown and crispy, its great! You can't outsmart me you stupid weeds!
In the evening I went out for a curry with my friend, she is learning to drive and has her own car so she drove us there. Abit scary at first she is pretty good, just abit jerky with the starting and stopping!!
Monday I did loads of washing because It was really sunny and I read my book in the garden and got slightly sun burnt. I forgot that voriconazole makes you burn easily! I had an incident where Alfie escaped into next doors garden as the woman next to that garden has a dog and Alfie seems determined to get to it! As soon as he came back in our garden he gave away his secret escape hole as he tried to escape through it again, the smallest gap ever! I've put a brick there now so he can't escape anymore, sorry Alf! I've been walking Alfie nearly everyday, like I say I feel so well so I am making the most of it, I even did 30 lengths as the swimming pool on Friday which is apparently half a mile!!
Today Pete made my day, he bought me a present! He has bought me book on Henry the 8th so I can 'impress' him on our trip to London in June. Can't wait to read it, all these books! When only last week I was saying I didn't have any! Between my books and my story I'm writing, plus my walks etc I am a busy and very happy girl! To make my life even more fun, my mum and I are taking the dogs to start their training classes tomorrow night, exciting! ! !
Tuesday, 21 April 2009
Very Happy Gemma ! ! !
Labels:
books,
gardening,
Henry VIII,
love,
paleness,
swimming,
voriconazole,
walking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So pleased ur feeling so good, and I need to borrow the book 'twilight' so pls Pass it on! Looking 4ward to the doggie training too. See u tomoz love me xxx
i have seen the film twilight and it was gr8, might have to read the book :D
glad your feeling good at the mo.
we have this weed in our garden thats like a foot tall hahahaha matt is going to dig it up...soon lol
xx
i'm in love with edward to :(
am on new moon aswell lol couldn't put the first book down was so amazing to read and i love how different it is from the film you actually get to know how each of the cullens became how they are it's fab.
i'm feeling good at the moment aswell which is scary as as soon as i start getting a infection i'll know it lol. xxx
Woohoo...!
What is it with you girls and this Twilight obsession? It's all completely over my head ;-)
Anyway, it's great that you're feeling a beter, especially good because the warm weather is kicking in. keep up the good work!
Post a Comment