Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Funny Little Incident

I totally forgot about this but was reminded yesterday and it was quite funny..

So last Tuesday I was in the closest city to where I live, ok maybe it's not... I'm not sure. There is another maybe a tiny bit quicker to get to.

So back to the story... I was walking from the carpark down the road and its abit like a ginnel opps I mean alleyway, apparently other people don't know what a ginnel is! Anyway there was this guy sat on the floor even though the floor was wet as it was raining. Not too unusual, there are all kinds of strange people around. He was just staring at me so I assumed he was a beggar but he didn't look like a beggar and didn't have a cup or anything and he kept staring and staring. So I tried to ignore him, what exactly can you do when you are getting stared at by a guy sat on the wet floor?
As I walked past him I yawned, it was morning and I was tired... Then the weirdest part happens, the guy shouts at me in a threatening tone 'what are you yawning at?!' as if he is starting on me! I didn't realise yawning was so offensive! Needless to say I picked up my pace and got away from him! So abit of advice, yawning is now an offensive gesture and must be avoided at all times!!

That's it really, I thought it was funny anyway!

7 comments:

Woody said...

He just sounds like a nutter looking for an argument, Gemma. Male chimpanzees appear to yawn when they feel under threat because baring their teeth is an seen as aggresive behaviour. Maybe on some primal level that was what he thought you were doing ?

;-)

Tori said...

Sounds like a trouble maker to me. I personally would have been a bit scared!!

Kellee said...

LOL what a weirdo!!

Pegson said...

lol there is some strange people out there. do u find ur yawn when your puffed

Pegson said...

lol there is some strange people out there. do u find ur yawn when your puffed

Me said...

don't know, maybe! I'm not scared Tori cos i'm hard.... hehe

Gemma's mum said...

Omg bet it was at the side of boots, be careful xxx oh and dewsbury is a town not a city, n Wakefield is the only city without a football team... and only peole from Leeds say ginnle uv got from me!!!Bit of useless info unless ur a footy fan xxx